British Speedway Forum

im trying to sharte this to facebook but it wont let me share due to others reporting it

Sad that a stadium that used to stage well attended speedway and stock car meetings until under 4 years ago and would still be to this day is in such a state.

Its a long shot but hopefully, somehow ownership can be reverted to a leisure company who can reopen the venue for speedway, stock cars, greyhounds and other events! 

The straights look narrow on this , was the greyhound track their in the 70s? Who were the people walking the stadium  ? Vandals can anyone get in, sad to see .

3 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The drone work on this is excellent, and personally I find the content to be both compelling and gruesome at the same time.

Tragic!

• Like 1

"Coventry Drone" ?

That's no way to talk about Peter York!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

How desperately sad and depressing. Such a shame.

Camera work and drone operation are very good though.

I hope the Speedway can be resurrected - if not - thanks for the memories.

• Like 2

I find it heart breaking that two glorious teams with lots of pedigree, Oxford and Coventry, are no longer operative despite stadiums remaining dormant but rapidly decaying.

So very sad and purely a result of greed, when a philanthropist was needed. That was my second home from 1955 to 1967 and to see all of the different parts of the stadium that I used to roam now left to die and rot away. I see Gemini's spot is still there. for me it was always the back straight. It's desecration.  :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

Sad that a stadium that used to stage well attended speedway and stock car meetings until under 4 years ago and would still be to this day is in such a state.

Its a long shot but hopefully, somehow ownership can be reverted to a leisure company who can reopen the venue for speedway, stock cars, greyhounds and other events! 

Never say never but the chances of that ever happening must be less than 1%

Brilliant yet also very sad footage, some skillful dronemanship, I visited Coventry a few times so many good memories.  Can anyone indicate where Charles Ochiltree's office was, this was considererd a real inner sanctum and few were permitted entry....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 1

Very sad to see, Im afraid the Grandstand needs a fortune spending on it to bring it back to something fit for purpose, the back straight stand much less so, the other out buildings also need lots of money spending on them, i doubt very much if we will ever see Brandon return as a sporting venue unless someone wins the Euro Lottery, the Grandstand needs demolishing, probably some of the outbuildings also, which would leave the pits area and back straight stand remaining before any sport could take place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Brilliant yet also very sad footage, some skillful dronemanship, I visited Coventry a few times so many good memories.  Can anyone indicate where Charles Ochiltree's office was, this was considererd a real inner sanctum and few were permitted entry....

At 11.36 into the footage the boarded up window to the left of the blue door is about as near to Charles's office as you could get ( I know his wife always sat in there) to the best of my knowledge. I know the management office was always in that area. 

• Like 1