British Speedway Forum

The World Championship rounds in Togliatti are in doubt now because the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has banned the Russians from hosting any World Championship Events in any Sport (including motorsports, with the exception of Formula 1 ! ) until the end of 2022. This will also affect the SGP in Togliatti in the summer. 

9 hours ago, Bavarian said:

The World Championship rounds in Togliatti are in doubt now because the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has banned the Russians from hosting any World Championship Events in any Sport (including motorsports, with the exception of Formula 1 ! ) until the end of 2022. This will also affect the SGP in Togliatti in the summer. 

Can you give a source for this? I mean if this is the ruling, whats there to doubt, the meetings are cancelled.

Edited by f-s-p

I don’t understand what is new. This was decided a year ago and Speedweek reported back then and everything was ok for this year, so why not next ? All that has happened surely is the ban carries on

Last years report

https://www.speedweek.com/speedwaygp/news/152894/Sperre-fuer-Russland-Was-aus-den-Grands-Prix-wird.html

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I don’t understand what is new. This was decided a year ago and Speedweek reported back then and everything was ok for this year, so why not next ? All that has happened surely is the ban carries on

Last years report

https://www.speedweek.com/speedwaygp/news/152894/Sperre-fuer-Russland-Was-aus-den-Grands-Prix-wird.html

Only thing I found regarding this or near it was the CAS had ruled the complaint recently and a ban was halved. Thats why I asked.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Only thing I found regarding this or near it was the CAS had ruled the complaint recently and a ban was halved. Thats why I asked.

Yes that is all I saw. So same as this year just not so long. Can’t see any difference. Wasn’t it down to existing contracts ?

Edited by iris123

So are the meetings this weekend going ahead? And if so, has anyone got a link to a racecard please?

Dmitri Koltakov replaced by Vladimir Fadeev for the Russian Final, rounds 1 & 2 in Togliatti. 

Enjoyed that, some good racing. Thanks for posting the links, it was nice and easy to follow the heats with the Update link. No idea why no one was excluded from the re-run of Heat 16 though. Looked like some sort of protest was going on with the long delay before the restart. One thing I like in particular about the ice is that the riders just rock up to the gate and the race is under way in most cases with over a minute left on the countdown clock. Presume, like with concrete grids of old, that there is no advantage to be gained by the irritating gardening which has taken over speedway in the past 10 to 15 years.

Referee excluded the wrong rider in heat 16, but under big pressure it was a 'all 4 back' for the restart. The big clubs have big influence on the ice speedway, and the results of their riders.

• Like 1

Final 1 result:

1. Dmitry Khomitsevich RU (3,3,3,3,3) 15
2. Igor Kononov RU (3,2,3,3,3) 14
3. Nikita Bodganov RU (2,3,2,3,2) 12
4. Nikita Tarasov RU (0,3,2,3,2) 10
5. Dinar Valeev RU (2,d,3,2,3) 10
6. Igor Saidullin RU (3,3,1,2,1) 10
7. Dmitry Solyannikov RU (3,2,2,2,1) 10
8. Ivan Khuzhin RU (1,1,3,2,2) 9
9. Ivan Chichkov RU (1,1,1,1,3) 7
10. Daniil Ivanov RU (2,2,d,1,2) 7
11. Konstantin Kolenkin RU (2,2,1,0,1) 6
12. Dmitry Borodin RU (1,1,2,0,0) 4
13. Eduard Krysov RU (0,1,0,1,0) 2
14. Vladimir Fadeev RU (1,0,0,d,1) 2
15. Nikita Toloknov RU (0,0,1,1,d) 2
16. Evgeniy Saidullin RU (0,0,0,0,0) 0
17. German Khanmurzin RU (d) 0

6 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Referee excluded the wrong rider in heat 16, but under big pressure it was a 'all 4 back' for the restart. The big clubs have big influence on the ice speedway, and the results of their riders.

Smashing, thanks for the explanation.