British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:

Enjoyed that, some good racing. Thanks for posting the links, it was nice and easy to follow the heats with the Update link. No idea why no one was excluded from the re-run of Heat 16 though. Looked like some sort of protest was going on with the long delay before the restart. One thing I like in particular about the ice is that the riders just rock up to the gate and the race is under way in most cases with over a minute left on the countdown clock. Presume, like with concrete grids of old, that there is no advantage to be gained by the irritating gardening which has taken over speedway in the past 10 to 15 years.

I managed to watch up to the dispute in Heat 16 at home, then had to leave at 1.50pm, to get to Salford City as I was snapping the game.

Got into the ground, signed in and got my cameras ready as they were just about to restart Heat 16, so I didn't miss it ( I only live about 10 mins from the ground). Did a few pics of the warm up, then watched the final four heats on my phone which finished just as both teams walked out for the Match.

At least tomorrow I can sit at home in the warmth and watch the whole meeting! 

• Like 1

Is it the same time tomorrow, do you know? Sad to hear about the behind the scenes skulduggery by those with a vested interest. I'll just ignore the politics though, and enjoy the racing.

Was it Bogdanov who was wrongly excluded? What is the skull duggery referred to. Threats/ bribes?

Given my road racing background I don't understand why someone is always excluded after an accident in speedway. To my mind there's a load of occasions where blame can be shared, why not just have all four back?

Results final 2:

1. Igor Kononov RU (3,3,3,3,3) 15
2. Dinar Valeev RU (3,3,3,3,d) 12
3. Dmitry Khomitsevich RU (3,d,2,3,3) 11
4. Dmitry Solyannikov RU (3,2,1,2,3) 11
5. Igor Saidullin RU (2,d,3,2,3) 10
6. Daniil Ivanov RU (2,3,3,1,1) 10
7. Ivan Chichkov RU (2,F,2,3,2) 9
8. Dmitry Borodin RU (1,3,0,2,2) 8
9. Konstantin Kolenkin RU (0,2,1,2,2) 7
10. Nikita Bodganov RU (1,d,2,d,2) 5
11. Nikita Toloknov RU (1,2,1,1,0) 5
12. Eduard Krysov RU (1,1,0,1,1) 4
13. Evgeniy Saidullin RU (0,2,0,0,1) 3
14. Vladimir Fadeev RU (2,1,0,0,0) 3
15. Ivan Khuzhin RU (0,0,2,T,1) 3
16. Nikita Tarasov RU (d,1,1,F,0) 2
17. German Khanmurzin RU (1) 1

Heat 39...oh dear, more controversy with another 'make it up as you go along' decision. These brave guys deserve fairer reffing than that. Horrible crash early on and Khomitsevich also seemed to hit the same rut and that incident could have been a lot worse. Thought the production people had nodded off after the third round of heats but fortunately normal service resumed for the later races. Do we know if finals 3 and 4 will be on Youtube?

As I said ages ago I can't see ice speedway happening in west Europe. Inzell has bitten the dust and now it looks like Berlin will too. Decision to be made

https://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedwaygp/news/169860/Eisspeedway-GP-Berlin-Ohne-Zuschauer-droht-Absage.html?utm=socialshare&fbclid=IwAR1npIjqLRF-gIITIP_nies_htCCezmaXEu3DCG5pGF_Q60XH_J37LML480

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

As I said ages ago I can't see ice speedway happening in west Europe. Inzell has bitten the dust and now it looks like Berlin will too. Decision to be made

https://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedwaygp/news/169860/Eisspeedway-GP-Berlin-Ohne-Zuschauer-droht-Absage.html?utm=socialshare&fbclid=IwAR1npIjqLRF-gIITIP_nies_htCCezmaXEu3DCG5pGF_Q60XH_J37LML480

just had a message they have cancelled the Berlin meeting. A formal announcement is imminent.

A real shame but not surprising, just gonna enjoy the awesome stuff we're seeing in Russia and fingers crossed for next year.

Here's the best quality edit from Saturday below, another ropey decision on Sunday with Kononov and Valeev though

18 hours ago, Conkers said:

just had a message they have cancelled the Berlin meeting. A formal announcement is imminent.

Confirmed by the club in todays press release.

18 hours ago, Conkers said:

Is a pity. I was just watching a programme on Berlin a few days ago and there are some lovely places still to visit that I never knew about. Also that the track is in one of the poshest areas of the city. We will have that pint some day son mate. Probably before Bauer gets his meeting :D