British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Has Luca Bauer returned to race under a German licence?

No. Italian still

Finnish final postponed till March due to a covid related crowd limits. Think its now 20 at the Kauhajoki area, latest ruling came yesterday.

Finally some CAS / WADA info's:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) considered that in the circumstances, maintaining the FIM World Championship in Togliatti (Russia) was not in contradiction with the CAS decision mainly based on the extreme circumstances of the case, in particular considering that the FIM Ice Speedway World Championship is due to start in less than two weeks and only a few weeks passed since the issuance of the CAS decision in the Arbitration WADA v. RUSADA. WADA’s position expressed therein is without prejudice to WADA’s position in respect to other FIM events scheduled to be held during the Two Years Period (i.e. 2021 and 2022) in Russia.

Among the measures taken by the FIM are, the removal of the Russian national flag from the visual elements (backdrops, race jackets, TV graphics). The Russian nationality of the riders will not be mentioned. The Russian national anthem shall not be played during these events."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) considered that in the circumstances, maintaining the FIM World Championship in Togliatti (Russia) was not in contradiction with the CAS decision mainly based on the extreme circumstances of the case, in particular considering that the FIM Ice Speedway World Championship is due to start in less than two weeks and only a few weeks passed since the issuance of the CAS decision in the Arbitration WADA v. RUSADA. WADA’s position expressed therein is without prejudice to WADA’s position in respect to other FIM events scheduled to be held during the Two Years Period (i.e. 2021 and 2022) in Russia.

Among the measures taken by the FIM are, the removal of the Russian national flag from the visual elements (backdrops, race jackets, TV graphics). The Russian nationality of the riders will not be mentioned. The Russian national anthem shall not be played during these events."

If it was April 1st i could believe it !!!

18 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Well that will go down well with the home fans I’m sure. 

And I repeat my call for a sarcastic font.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

You can't script this nonsense. The event is being staged in Russia, will be watched exclusively by Russians and will be won by a Russian, but you can't have a Russian flag flying or a Russian anthem.

Wada really 'punishing' a nation that ran a state sponsored doping programme.

Sorry, but should everyone be punished for the misdemeanours ( understatement I know) of relatively few? I know it was state sponsored but the winter Olympics and world cup have already been held in the country so any financial impact of not holding events such as ice speedway wouldn't even register.

Makes me laugh as well when Brits think Russia is a dodgy country and the UK and co are all squeaky clean, look at what the Fancy Bears uncovered........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Sorry, but should everyone be punished for the misdemeanours ( understatement I know) of relatively few? I know it was state sponsored but the winter Olympics and world cup have already been held in the country so any financial impact of not holding events such as ice speedway wouldn't even register.

Makes me laugh as well when Brits think Russia is a dodgy country and the UK and co are all squeaky clean, look at what the Fancy Bears uncovered........

The Winter Olympics in 2014 in Sochi was the event where it has been proven the Russians ran a state controlled doping programme.

The World Cup went ahead as Russia appealed to the Court of Arbitration for sport.

The point that I was trying to make is that the WADA sanctions for Togliatti are utterly meaningless. All the crowd will be Russian, while the Russian riders are just as Russian whether you allow them to wear a Russian flag or listen to a Russian anthem.

If you are going to use sanctions, you have to follow through with them, or not bother at all. There is absolutely nothing gained from stopping a flag being worn or waved, or an anthem not being played. 

7 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

The Winter Olympics in 2014 in Sochi was the event where it has been proven the Russians ran a state controlled doping programme.

The World Cup went ahead as Russia appealed to the Court of Arbitration for sport.

The point that I was trying to make is that the WADA sanctions for Togliatti are utterly meaningless. All the crowd will be Russian, while the Russian riders are just as Russian whether you allow them to wear a Russian flag or listen to a Russian anthem.

If you are going to use sanctions, you have to follow through with them, or not bother at all. There is absolutely nothing gained from stopping a flag being worn or waved, or an anthem not being played. 

So, what would you suggest the correct action should be?
No FIM ice meetings in Russia? No Russian riders in FIM meetings?

If it was purely down to personal choice, no FIM meetings in Russia at all.

If Russian riders wish to compete, allow them to compete freely outside of Russia as Russians; not some nonsense of not wearing a flag on their race bib.

1 hour ago, moomin man 76 said:

If it was purely down to personal choice, no FIM meetings in Russia at all.

If Russian riders wish to compete, allow them to compete freely outside of Russia as Russians; not some nonsense of not wearing a flag on their race bib.

It just seems like the sport is caught up in something that isn't really relevant to it.
I find it hard to believe that ice speedway has been a sport that the Russian authorities have been concentrating on for mass doping...Yes, they may have been doing things wrong in other sports, but ice speedway seems unlikely.
I'd rather the FIM could just ignore the issues of other sports and get on with running speedway better.

Like moomin says, if you have sanctions, they should be applied accordingly. Then again, ice racing has bugger all to do with the reason there are sanctions.

Dont know about other countries, but SML is actually a part of the Finnish Olympic Committee. So if it were Finland in question here, crap rolls down hill to every Finnish  speedway rider...

Seems like Weber has broken diwn and will return to his home and not make it to Russia

Junior Championship day 2 in Ufa:

1. Nikita Bogdanov RU 14 (3,3,3,3,3) 29
2. Evgeniy Saidullin RU 13 (3,2,3,3,3) 27
3. Nikita Tarasov RU 13 (2,2,2,3,3) 25
--
4. Ivan Khuzhin RU 12 (3,3,3,d,2) 23
5. Savely Vedyanov RU 9 (3,3,1,1,3) 20
6. German Khanmurzin RU 10 (2,1,2,3,2) 20
7. Vladimir Fadeev RU 7 (1,3,2,2,2) 17
8. Artem Burmistrov RU 10 (1,2,2,2,0) 17
9. Elisey Vydrin RU 8 (0,2,1,2,1) 14
10. Vlas Nekrasov RU 4 (1,1,3,2,1) 12
11. Kirill Zevakov RU 5 (1,0,0,1,2) 9
12. Pavel Glotkin RU 2 (2,0,1,1,1) 7
13. Nikolay Makarov RU 2 (2,1,0,0,1) 6
14. Ivan Volkov RU 6 (N,N,N,N,N) 6
15. Ilya Krivonozhko RU 3 (0,1,1,0,0) 5
16. Andrey Anisimov RU 2 (N,N,N,N,N) 2

Interesting is that Krivonozhko is the second reserve for next weeks world championship in Togliatti. This was his first meeting today. He is a 16 year old from Togliatti.