British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

The Winter Olympics in 2014 in Sochi was the event where it has been proven the Russians ran a state controlled doping programme.

The World Cup went ahead as Russia appealed to the Court of Arbitration for sport.

The point that I was trying to make is that the WADA sanctions for Togliatti are utterly meaningless. All the crowd will be Russian, while the Russian riders are just as Russian whether you allow them to wear a Russian flag or listen to a Russian anthem.

If you are going to use sanctions, you have to follow through with them, or not bother at all. There is absolutely nothing gained from stopping a flag being worn or waved, or an anthem not being played. 

I get what you're saying but the sanctions mean absolutely zilch for the state because the biggest events are over and done with. For me it should be specific to the sports proven to be implicated with Russia not being allowed to host events and Russian athletes involved in those sports not allowed to compete for the specified period. I suppose part of it is being selfish and desperate to see an ice speedway world championship this year though.

On the world cup note I'm desperately sorry for Hans Weber, what a shame to miss out that way. Just wish there was some way he could fly out and borrow equipment from someone else

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 1:09 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Togliatti lineup:

1 Johann Weber de
2 Lukas Hutla cz
3 Dmitry Khomitsevich ru
4 Aki Ala-Riihimaki fi
5 Max Niedermaier de
6 Daniil Ivanov ru
7 Pavel Nekrassov kz
8 Harald Simon at
9 Jasper Iwema nl
10 Luca Bauer de
11 Markus Jell de
12 Andrey Shishegov ru
13 Nikita Toloknov ru
14 Igor Kononov ru
15 Franky Zorn at
16 Dinar Valeev ru
--
17 Andrey Anisimov ru
18 Ilya Krivonoszkho ru

Seems everyone has just moved up a place now Hans Weber is out

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Seems everyone has just moved up a place now Hans Weber is out

Don't think that will be the final line-up as it's quite unusual.

I guess Anisimov will move up to number 1.

6 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Well I personally will be surprised if all the West based riders make it

I will be staggered if all the western competitors make it.

On a separate note, it feels like a very odd World Final without any Swedish riders.

Iwema has arrived in Togliatti. Think Zorn too.

Jell and Simon were at the border last night. 

Hutla is in Prague hoping to get his visa atm I think

Reading all of the above the time window at the border,  that was arranged as a special deal at one specific crossing, is quite wide. :lol:

Zorn said he was at the border for 8 hours, which doesn't seem too bad to be honest. Thought it normally takes as long or longer and I was thinking it would be worse atm

47 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Zorn said he was at the border for 8 hours, which doesn't seem too bad to be honest. Thought it normally takes as long or longer and I was thinking it would be worse atm

Could have been faster. Iwema said there were some paper issues, but 8 hours wasn't too bad comparing to previous experiences.

13 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

I will be staggered if all the western competitors make it.

On a separate note, it feels like a very odd World Final without any Swedish riders.

I get the impression that staging this meeting wasn't really a good idea after all. ;)

21 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Andrej Diviš (ACCR) rides @ No.1

• Like 1

Jell and Simon finally crossed the border after 32 hours. They were at the Latvian border. 

Iwema and Zorn used the Finnish border.

15 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Jell and Simon finally crossed the border after 32 hours. They were at the Latvian border. 

Wow, I admire the patience these guys have. I feel like as much as I'm sure I'd enjoy racing ice speedway I just couldn't be arsed with a carry on like that, especially Simon in his fifties.