British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

20 minutes of track prep prior to the Final!

You’d hate it in Berlin then, 45 minutes prep there!

U-21 TEAM CUP OF RUSSIA, SHADRINSK

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13 & SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14

FINAL 1, SATURDAY:

UFA 22 (Nikita Bogdanov 15, Nikita Tarasov 7),

KAMENSK URAL 20 (Ivan Khuzhin 13, German Khazmurzin 7),

MEGA-LADA TOGLIATTI 17 (Evgenei Saydullin 9, Saveli Vedyanov 4, Vladimir Fadeev 4),

SHADRINSK 15 (Artem Burmistrov 10, Matvey Volkov 5),

URAL FEDERAL DISTRICT 9 (Ivan Volkov 6, Pavel Glotkin 3),

GBU STSH TOGLIATTI 6 (Andrei Masin 6, Ivan Belyaev 0)

FINAL 2, SUNDAY:

UFA 22 (Bogdanov 15, Tarasov 7),

MEGA-LADA TOGLIATTI 21 (Saydullin 9, Vedyanov 9, Fadeev 3),

KAMENSK URAL 16+3 (Khuzhin 10+3, Khazmurzin 6),

SHADRINSK 16+f (Burmistrov 11+f, Volkov 5),

URAL FEDERAL DISTRICT 10 (Volkov 8, Glotkin 2),

GBU STSH TOGLIATTI 5 Masin 5, Belyaev 0)

OVERALL:

UFA 14,

MEGA-LADA TOGLIATTI 9+3,

KAMENSK URAL 9+2,

SHADRINSK 6,

URAL FEDERAL DISTRICT 4,

GBU STSH TOGLIATTI 2

(Run off for 2nd/3rd overall: Saydullin, Khuzhin)

FIM ICE SPEEDWAY GLADIATORS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS 1 & 2
TOGLIATTI, RUSSIA 
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13 & SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14

FINAL 1, SATURDAY: (Russia unless stated, Heat Scores in Brackets)
Dmitri Khomitsevich 20 (14+3), 
Igor Kononov 18 (14+2), 
Dinar Valeev 16 (13+1), 
Daniil Ivanov 14 (13+0), 
Nikita Toloknov 12 (10), 
Franz Zorn (Austria) 11 (9), 
Andrei Shishegov 10 (8), 
Harald Simon  (Austria) 9 (8), 
Aki Ala-Riihimaki (Finland) 8 (8), 
Lukas Hutla (Czech Rep) 7 (5), 
Andrei Anisimov 6 (5), 
Markus Jell (Germany) 5 (4), 
Andrej Divis (Czech Rep) 4 (3), 
Pavel Nekrasov (Kazakhstan) 3 (3), 
Luca Bauer (Germany/Italy) 2 (2) 
Jasper Iwema (Netherlands) 1 (1)

Final: Khomitsevich, Kononov, Valeen, Ivanov

FINAL 2, SUNDAY:
Valeev 20 (14+3), 
Kononov 18 (13+2), 
Ivanov 16 (13+1), 
Khomitsevich 14 (14+d), 
Simon 12 (11), 
Zorn 11 (9), 
Toloknov 10 (9), 
Jell 9 (7), 
Shishegov 8 (7), 
Anisimov 7 (6), 
Ala-Riihimaki 6 (5), 
Hutla 5 (4), 
Iwema 4 (3), 
Nekrasov 3 (2), 
Divis 2 (2) 
Bauer 1 (0). 
Also Rode: Ilya Krivonoszkho (Reserve) 0

Final: (Re-Run): Valeev, Kononov, Ivanov, Khomitsevich (Fd)
Championship Run Off: Valeev, Kononov

OVERALL:
Valeev 36+3, 
Kononov 36+2, 
Khomitsevich 34, 
Ivanov 30, 
Zorn 22, 
Toloknov 22, 
Simon 21, 
Shishegov 18,
Jell 16, 
Ala-Riihimaki 14, 
Anisimov 12, 
Hutla 11, 
Nekrasov 6, 
Divis 6, 
Iwema 5, 
Bauer 3

A good two days racing. Just wish I could have gone, rather than watch the feed!

Edited by Conkers
Additional results.

Hats off again to the overall winner Valeev, the rest of the finalists and the western warriors.

Watching some of the Russian domestic stuff there are times where Valeev really looks like a champion but I feel like in the world series he quite often gets a slow start and it's too late when he gets going. It must have been pleasing to shut Kononov out on that last corner after the controversy of his recent harsh DQ at the same place against the same rider.

I've given some stick to Zorn in the past for having no fight but he was the opposite today. Hopefully this gives him fire in the belly to fight again next year when we have a normal series with spectators allowed again ( fingers crossed).

Love Harald Simon, that guy never goes down without a fight even in his mid 50s and on the subject of people over half way to 100 I like the guy Rihimaki.

I do feel that Iwema and Bauer will leave disappointed although I'm stopping short of criticising them given the unique nature of the series. Last thoughts are that Hans Weber would have done superbly but hey ho.

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Hats off again to the overall winner Valeev, the rest of the finalists and the western warriors.

Watching some of the Russian domestic stuff there are times where Valeev really looks like a champion but I feel like in the world series he quite often gets a slow start and it's too late when he gets going. It must have been pleasing to shut Kononov out on that last corner after the controversy of his recent harsh DQ at the same place against the same rider.

I've given some stick to Zorn in the past for having no fight but he was the opposite today. Hopefully this gives him fire in the belly to fight again next year when we have a normal series with spectators allowed again ( fingers crossed).

Love Harald Simon, that guy never goes down without a fight even in his mid 50s and on the subject of people over half way to 100 I like the guy Rihimaki.

I do feel that Iwema and Bauer will leave disappointed although I'm stopping short of criticising them given the unique nature of the series. Last thoughts are that Hans Weber would have done superbly but hey ho.

If you did some reading into Aki-Ala Rihimaki's back story, you would find it even more remarkable that he has been able to make a comeback to the level that he has achieved.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2021 at 1:49 PM, Conkers said:

You’d hate it in Berlin then, 45 minutes prep there!

Been a few that have had to leave to get their train or bus before the final.....B)

Started watching the link provided yesterday but couldn't really make out the riders from that angle and distance so gave up after a few races.

However, there is now a different link on Youtube filmed from the first bend, and it is much easier to ID the riders on that.

All the races from day two are on it, including that fantastic run-off which would be talked about for years had it been the decider for the shale world speedway title!
Both Kononov and Dmitry had 'so nearly' claims. Kononov was world champ until the last bend, while Dmitry would have made it a three-man run-off had he settled for third in the final (although he may have lost it rather than recklessly going for it).
Looking at the history of the ice world championship, it will be 20 years next year since a non-Russian was the winner and it was back in 2009 that a non-Russian finished on the podium (Zorn, third). The difference in class between the top four and the rest at the weekend suggests that isn't going to change any time soon, especially with other Russians not too far behind the leading men.
A couple of quick questions for those in the know, and apologies if they have been asked before...what sort of money do the ice guys earn and do any/most have other 'day' jobs, bearing in mind the ice season is so short?
Anyway, links below which I found useful. I found it best watching the meeting in conjunction with the results, as then you know which riders are in each race. 

Winning both days in Togliatti would have been 3500€ in prize money. SGP winner gets about 12k € a round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Thanks, should be much more, as usual.

Yeah well...

15-20 years ago there were meetings to ride in and you could probably get up to 20 (or more) meetings in your calendar if you wanted to. Ian knows better, but you had Santa Cup, Golden Spike, individuals, Swedish Elit and WC qualis and the lot...

Some of the Russian youngsters are just tremendous, Khuzin and in particular Bogdanov in this heat are two...

9 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Some of the Russian youngsters are just tremendous, Khuzin and in particular Bogdanov in this heat are two...

But what about the rest of the world ?