British Speedway Forum
potty5

Help Us Commemorate Crewe Kings 50th anniversary of their 1972 double winning season!!

Dear speedway forum members, a few Crewe Kings supporters are planning to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Kings winning the double in 1972 by publishing a book to celebrate their magnificent achievement. All the authors of the original book 'When They Were Kings' are involved and we are basically re-writing the 1972 chapter of the book, with extra information, results from all the teams and a month-by-month summary of the 1972 season in Division II. We have managed to obtain some ultra rare photos from the season, related to the Kings, but we are appealing to the British speedway community in general, if you have any photos of your club against Crewe in the 1972 season, or were Crewe fans and have personal photos. The book sold out many years ago and is still sought after, and even though it is not viable to do a re-print, we couldn't let the 50th anniversary pass without doing something to commemorate the double winning campaign. We summarise the first three years (1969, 1970 and 71) and then the final years (1973, 1974 and 1975), so if you do have photos from these six seasons as well, we could use your photographs, if they are Crewe connected. It will be a limited edition print run, but we are hoping to raise a few pounds, which we will donate to a speedway related charity or fund. Any photos submitted and used will receive a credit in the book. Thanks very much for reading and if you do have anything we could use, to commemorate the exploits of Phil Crump, John Jackson, skipper Dai Evans, Dave Morton, Gary Moore, Garry Flood, Dave Parry and company, can you contact me on markpotts7764@gmail.com         Thanks very much, Mark.   

Crewe 72.jpg

• Like 1

can I suggest any profits to the Ben Fund as without track collections this year their income to help riders vastly reduced . Several fund raising efforts have been organised this year so every penny helps . 

I was on the pit gate at derwentpark when dave parrys bike blew up in ht 2 i can remember him walking past saying thats my f****** lot  the rest is history :)