British Speedway Forum

Brilliant Start from Adam hopefully he can show how good he is or can be . I thought pre covid this was to be the season Adam really kicked on . Hopefully it still is . 

Podkarpacie TV streamed it live on You Tube. Sadly I only found out after it had finished. I've subscribed to their channel and will monitor it in future weeks. In the past they used to show Rzeszow and Krosno matches. The match can also be watched now. I've put the link in the Polish speedway videos thread to avoid cluttering this. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Rzeszow 59 Opole 31

So Opole took a hammering; no surprise really when they sign Tero Aarnio and don't bother to pick him, as well as signing and I believe sacking Sam Masters before he had the chance to ride in anything more than a practice!

Teams confirmed in Krosno

Wilki Krosno:
9. Marcin Jędrzejewski
10. Damian Dróżdż
11. Eduard Krcmar
12. Andriej Karpow
13. Wadim Tarasienko
14. Bartlomiej Kowalski
15. Patryk Wojdyło

Metalika Recycling Kolejarz Rawicz:
1. Damian Baliński
2. Keynan Rew
3. Szymon Szlauderbach
4. Anders Rowe
5. Jaimon Lidsey
6. Krzysztof Sadurski
7. Hubert Scibak

Match might be off !!!!! It is possible that the match will not be played today, and PSŻ will win by forfeit. According to unofficial information, Wolfe came to Poznań with only 5 licensed players.

In order for the match not to be forfeited, Wolfe must have a minimum of 6 players, including 4 national players and at least 1 youth.

They have until 11.45 am local to have the required number of riders- not looking good !!!

latest Unfortunately, three players do not have the appropriate license for this competition. Attempts to contact the German federation are underway to clarify this situation - said the chairman of GKSŻ Piotr Szymański in the pre-match studio of Motowizja.

Latest Before the competition, the track in Poznań was illegal. - Track works are underway. The decision to leave this competition will be made by the competition jury - said Piotr Szymański.

OFF !!

Iris your comment please

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Match might be off !!!!! It is possible that the match will not be played today, and PSŻ will win by forfeit. According to unofficial information, Wolfe came to Poznań with only 5 licensed players.

In order for the match not to be forfeited, Wolfe must have a minimum of 6 players, including 4 national players and at least 1 youth.

They have until 11.45 am local to have the required number of riders- not looking good !!!

latest Unfortunately, three players do not have the appropriate license for this competition. Attempts to contact the German federation are underway to clarify this situation - said the chairman of GKSŻ Piotr Szymański in the pre-match studio of Motowizja.

Latest Before the competition, the track in Poznań was illegal. - Track works are underway. The decision to leave this competition will be made by the competition jury - said Piotr Szymański.

OFF !!

Iris your comment please

Just seen the match has been awarded 40-0 and 4 riders had the right licence. Total chaos from a club that went to the Polish league because of the trouble they claimed to have in the Bundesliga. But I guess we have to wait for the official statement... which could be good, knowing previous statements from Wittstock. Seems from reading the german forum the other 3 only had a licence to ride in individual meetings, rather than league........but the situation probably saved Poznan from having to call the meeting off anyway due to the track conditions.

Edited by iris123

We move on to round 2 next weekend- unless things change we won`t have any links- only updates- all UK times

Friday August 7th Wittstock v Rzeszow 3pm Motowizja Poland

Saturday August 8th Rawicz v Poznan 10.45am Motowizja Poland

Sunday August 9th Opole v krosno 10.45am motowizja Poland

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

Slag. Wolfe made the statement. The club president has blindly relied on the manager and coach
The match of the 2nd League scheduled for Sunday between SpecHouse PSŻ Poznań and the German Wölfe Wittstock did not take place. Many people have been eagerly awaiting this clash to see how the new team from outside Poland will do.

Slag. Walkover in Poznań. The clubs face severe penalties!
Despite the problems with the club's Poznan track, it was ultimately in their favor that a walkover was awarded. This happened because the club from Germany came with an insufficient number of licensed players.
In such a situation, SpecHouse PSŻ Poznań won its first match this season 40-0 and became the leader of the tournament. The German Wolfe Wittstock is threatened with financial penalties for oversight. The decision as to their amount will have to be made by GKSŻ.

The club's president, Frank Mauer, made a statement on the club's social media. He apologizes to Polish and German fans and promises that this will not happen again.

Content of the declaration:

"Dear German and Polish fans,

hereby I would like to apologize to everyone for the unsuccessful match in Poznań.
For months we have been working at full capacity with the newly built team for a common goal.

However, today it has emerged that the division of labor has not been accurately followed in all categories.

The fact that 3 players came for today's match with the wrong license is a great disaster for our club and for me personally.

License applications and exams this time were not within my scope, I relied blindly on the club manager and our coach.

At this point, I want to apologize to you all.

One thing I promise is that such a mistake will not be repeated to our club, and for the next match on August 7, we will professionally do our work as usual.

With sporty greetings

Frank Mauer
President of MSC Wolfe Wittstock e.V. "

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

Slag. Wolfe made the statement. The club president has blindly relied on the manager and coach
The match of the 2nd League scheduled for Sunday between SpecHouse PSŻ Poznań and the German Wölfe Wittstock did not take place. Many people have been eagerly awaiting this clash to see how the new team from outside Poland will do.

Slag. Walkover in Poznań. The clubs face severe penalties!
Despite the problems with the club's Poznan track, it was ultimately in their favor that a walkover was awarded. This happened because the club from Germany came with an insufficient number of licensed players.
In such a situation, SpecHouse PSŻ Poznań won its first match this season 40-0 and became the leader of the tournament. The German Wolfe Wittstock is threatened with financial penalties for oversight. The decision as to their amount will have to be made by GKSŻ.

The club's president, Frank Mauer, made a statement on the club's social media. He apologizes to Polish and German fans and promises that this will not happen again.

Content of the declaration:

"Dear German and Polish fans,

hereby I would like to apologize to everyone for the unsuccessful match in Poznań.
For months we have been working at full capacity with the newly built team for a common goal.

However, today it has emerged that the division of labor has not been accurately followed in all categories.

The fact that 3 players came for today's match with the wrong license is a great disaster for our club and for me personally.

License applications and exams this time were not within my scope, I relied blindly on the club manager and our coach.

At this point, I want to apologize to you all.

One thing I promise is that such a mistake will not be repeated to our club, and for the next match on August 7, we will professionally do our work as usual.

With sporty greetings

Frank Mauer
President of MSC Wolfe Wittstock e.V. "

Iris thoughts- Would that be typical of Mauer to not accept any responsibility ??