British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Buxton

Nice to see Buxton is still being used.

aiden and les Collins held a Speedway day recently.... they may be doing them regularly... I only know about the recent one.

hope Buxton can eventually come back to league racing

• Like 2

something else that should have been secured by the sky cash - northern area training centre, Iwade or somewhere as southern area centre. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Nice to see Buxton is still being used.

aiden and les Collins held a Speedway day recently.... they may be doing them regularly... I only know about the recent one.

hope Buxton can eventually come back to league racing

Oh how I wish Buxton could make a league return, I really miss my trips up from Norfolk on Sunday afternoons. 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:04 AM, ch958 said:

something else that should have been secured by the sky cash - northern area training centre, Iwade or somewhere as southern area centre. 

We have northern training centres, Dunn’s and Northside.

The south has Iwade and Lydd. 

The BSPA aren’t going to put money into ‘ training centres ‘ whilst they get money from Poultec.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

We have northern training centres, Dunn’s and Northside.

The south has Iwade and Lydd. 

The BSPA aren’t going to put money into ‘ training centres ‘ whilst they get money from Poultec.

It’s good business sense not to put funds into something that the private sector provide .

be nice to have something owned by speedway and not private, but whatever

9 minutes ago, ch958 said:

be nice to have something owned by speedway and not private, but whatever

Owned by who?
the BSPA?
Those tracks I’ve mentioned are privately owned.

well yeah, the bspa, which should have been using the sky money to accrue as many venues as possible. So many tracks are at the mercy of people outside of the sport, they could all go tomorrow

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ch958 said:

well yeah, the bspa, which should have been using the sky money to accrue as many venues as possible. So many tracks are at the mercy of people outside of the sport, they could all go tomorrow

The same BSPA that have sold the rights to Team GB and will not fund British Youth as part of their cost cutting scheme to try and replace the £300,000 they lost on their GTR Engine fiasco?
The BSPA who are more than happy to have a private company , Poultec, run the only speedway academy and won’t even pay for the youth team co- ordinator’s expenses to attend Foreign events were our youth riders are sent without any financial support from above.
The same BSPA that have access to the ‘ National Stadium ‘ but still hold the big meetings on tracks owned by members of the top table.

Don’t hold your breath on them investing any money at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

The same BSPA that have sold the rights to Team GB and will not fund British Youth as part of their cost cutting scheme to try and replace the £300,000 they lost on their GTR Engine fiasco?
The BSPA who are more than happy to have a private company , Poultec, run the only speedway academy and won’t even pay for the youth team co- ordinator’s expenses to attend Foreign events were our youth riders are sent without any financial support from above.
The same BSPA that have access to the ‘ National Stadium ‘ but still hold the big meetings on tracks owned by members of the top table.

Don’t hold your breath on them investing any money at all.

shocking state of affairs

The point on not funding youth riders is not true on every occasion we have attended a FIM or fime meeting in Europe we have had some expense reimbursed. Also riders are not sent for anything 125cc or 250cc riders apply to the acu to go and they ask for places in the events. If the riders don’t ask the acu don’t request places for the older ages groups up to 21 the riders are invited to attend and can choose to accept or decline the spot . Example Kyle Bickley has declined his spot this year which was then offered to another rider.

• Like 4

I’ll concede you that one as my informant ( a competitor ) was obviously unlucky in his application for help.

He now informs me that the riders now have to pay to enter each Youth ChamPionship round ?, times are a changing and not for the better.

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

I’ll concede you that one as my informant ( a competitor ) was obviously unlucky in his application for help.

He now informs me that the riders now have to pay to enter each Youth ChamPionship round ?, times are a changing and not for the better.

Yep paying to ride in the youth championship is been introduced and so it should be. All youth riders pay to practice and race amateur meetings so why not the youth championship. Hopefully by paying we will get some well prepared tracks not the usual Rubbish that we get when clubs are pressured into running a youth round after a main meeting which is then rushed through so all the staff can go home. Strand alone meetings are great Peterborough and Bellevue were great last year even though they took a lap off the 125/150 class Ipswich and Swindon the track was crap after a meeting prior. Just my opinion 

Your opinion is fine, we all have one.

Perhaps the organiser should pick better tracks to host the rounds then. I watched all the ones held at Redcar over the last few years ,on a Saturday, on a well prepared track. It was the Organisers choice to run on ‘Elite ‘ Tracks , some of which declined to run them. Diluting the quality of the championship by having them as second half events was a bad idea.
The BSPA should still be financially supporting the youth rounds and offering some financial help to entice tracks to host them as individual meetings, just like they used too.

20 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Your opinion is fine, we all have one.

Perhaps the organiser should pick better tracks to host the rounds then. I watched all the ones held at Redcar over the last few years ,on a Saturday, on a well prepared track. It was the Organisers choice to run on ‘Elite ‘ Tracks , some of which declined to run them. Diluting the quality of the championship by having them as second half events was a bad idea.
The BSPA should still be financially supporting the youth rounds and offering some financial help to entice tracks to host them as individual meetings, just like they used

I couldn’t agree more however where does the money to provide free racing come from with all clubs except a notable few struggle for finance.

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 2