British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

start date ?

43 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Because that won’t be cost effective. Berwick and Redcar running against Ipswich , Belle Vue and Poole who share some of the riders? Not enough riders , not enough fixtures.

I suppose it will ultimately depend on what clubs want to run and what riders are willing to ride, obviously there would have to be a lot of give and take on all sides and possibly 're allocating of some riders perhaps.

All I can see is another Ben Fund type meet before they call it a day on 2020.

• Like 5

The 2nd/3rd tier in rugby league have abandoned the season. Can not make it cost effective if no crowds allowed in until October.  Can not see that speedway can pay without crowds, and October too late to start. 

Would also need to consider how many riders with temporary jobs will want to keep them until next March. 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 11:58 AM, geoff100 said:

March 15 2021

I'll go for 1st April 2021 got something about it :)

7 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Isn't it often a tad wet in Manchester in October?

All year round it's WET

21 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

We can't have speedway ,an outdoor sport ,yet the government deem it safe to hold a snooker tournament in a confined space !!!!!!! I can't work out how much safer it is to go to snooker rather than speedway ??.

Indoor arenas have seating so can be socially distanced & air conditioning. That might seem ok but what about the intervals every 4 frames? Although crowd level will be decreased, where do they normally gather? At the toilets, the bar & café, the merchandise stalls, bookie & screens although a ciggie break might be ok outside.

44 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Indoor arenas have seating so can be socially distanced & air conditioning. That might seem ok but what about the intervals every 4 frames? Although crowd level will be decreased, where do they normally gather? At the toilets, the bar & café, the merchandise stalls, bookie & screens although a ciggie break might be ok outside.

I'm no air conditioning expert but I reckon  outdoors has to be better than 're circulated air.  As for toilets, bars etc I think it will probably be up to us fans to try and keep our distance and not all rush to the loos during the tractor race.  I hope there will be some racing this year and if there is I will be there but it is beginning to look doubtful unfortunately.  It seems that "stadiums" have all been lumped together under one umbrella even though football stadiums are usually fairly full and stadiums with small sports like ours are not being assessed separately.

33 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Season officially cancelled :( think we all knew it was coming 

We feared it but knew it was possible to avoid it if the government allowed. They didn't. Still, it gives all of the experts the chance to pat themselves on the back. Who cares what damage this will do the sport as long as they know they were 'right'?

Edited by RobMcCaffery

4 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

. Still, it gives all of the experts the chance to pat themselves on the back. Who cares what damage this will do the sport as long as they know they were 'right'?

There you go again. Going right ott. Ok, I was right. said it for a while. Was right ages ago on the other thread when some guy was saying it would be ok to go into a full stadium, as you might only infect one other person etc. The thing is though, this is a discussion forum and we share our opinions. It's not about letting people jut talk a load of rubbish without being challenged on their opinions. Ok, I know you don't like being challenged, but I hope you won't go loopy just this once...........nobody, as far as I have seen on this forum has said 'who cares what damage this will do....' Nobody has. But you can't just shut your eyes to the reality of the situation. We could see where it was all heading and as I said ages ago, sport is just a small cog in society, and speedway is an incredibly small part of that. It doesn't make me happy to be right, and that it might damage somebodies business or pleasure. But it was the way things were heading ages ago. It doesn't make me overly happy when I challenged Phil Rising, who said we could start up in May or June etc

The fact is the country has panicked. The government have headed down a path, and it might well be proved a wrong one. But don't beat yourself up just because you were wrong again. I am sure those of us who were right don't really give a damn  

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

We feared it but knew it was possible to avoid it if the government allowed. They didn't. Still, it gives all of the experts the chance to pat themselves on the back. Who cares what damage this will do the sport as long as they know they were 'right'?

I am not an expert, but when the government Said 3 weeks ago that people would not be allowed into Stadiums till October You don’t have to be a genius to think there would not  be League Speedway,and after all it is a forum for discussions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I am not an expert, but when the government Said 3 weeks ago that people would not be allowed into Stadiums till October You don’t have to be a genius to think there would not  be League Speedway,and after all it is a forum for discussions.

But, it's perfectly ok for the same stadiums to open their gates and let people in for stock car racing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

But, it's perfectly ok for the same stadiums to open their gates and let people in for stock car racing.

Different ball game as stock drivers are not self employed & also don't need any track grading done or even track prep before a meeting which is another saving... As it boils down to cost at the end of the day

looks like 2022 start date for me . wait  and see how many liverpool fans ignore the advice of  the folk in charge  and put mass celebrations before their and other peoples health and lives . 

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Different ball game as stock drivers are not self employed & also don't need any track grading done or even track prep before a meeting which is another saving... As it boils down to cost at the end of the day

Think you will find cityrebel is not on about cost at all.It's about the Government allowing crowds into stock cars but not speedway.

• Like 1