British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it doesn’t go ahead.There is a clause stating no refund will be given on tickets though.Sounds illegal to me but will have to wait to see what develops.

I was toying with the idea of getting a ticket for that... Don't think I'll bother now you've said that, sounds very dodgy, will leave it until much nearer the time I think

Rolling over season ticket to 2021, hoping the Covid situation will improve, on the face of it seems ok but that’s just going to cause a major cash flow problem next year as many clubs survive on season ticket money coming in before the start of the season to finance all the pre-season set up costs. Kicking the financial can down the road will clearly have serious consequences. The way things are going I fear some clubs will really struggle to get through to 2021...and that’s assuming speedway meetings will be able to take place with a crowd by then. Realistically there’s still a long way to go with this dreadful crisis and the fall out! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Rolling over season ticket to 2021, hoping the Covid situation will improve, on the face of it seems ok but that’s just going to cause a major cash flow problem next year as many clubs survive on season ticket money coming in before the start of the season to finance all the pre-season set up costs. Kicking the financial can down the road will clearly have serious consequences. The way things are going I fear some clubs will really struggle to get through to 2021...and that’s assuming speedway meetings will be able to take place with a crowd by then. Realistically there’s still a long way to go with this dreadful crisis and the fall out! 

And not to mention the now recession the country has to deal with now with even more possible job losses !! Even more worrying times ahead

• Sad 1