British Speedway Forum

Officially announced now that this season has been cancelled. Got to wonder for how many clubs this will be the final straw. 

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Can`t see any mention of " season ticket refunds" plenty of mentions about all sort of other things !!!

Scary to think how many fans wont receive their money back because clubs have already spent the money but then may have gone bust or closed by the start of next season anyways. Got to feel for those that have shelled out their hard earned.

• Confused 1

Think this is the correct decision can now focus on 2021 with the same teams, hope all clubs are able to run

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think this is the correct decision can now focus on 2021 with the same teams, hope all clubs are able to run

The concern is not who rides for the tracks but whether they can all survive a 17/18 month close season. It is only the correct decision in the circumstances dictated to us by our governments. This is now nothing to do with who was right and who was wrong and when it was right to pull the plug. While many others will no doubt be patting themselves on the back at how clever they were in saying weeks ago it wasn't worth trying to run in 2020 there are far more important matters to deal with now.

I feel sorry for promoters, riders, staff, sponsors and most of all genuine supporters who truly love the sport but most of all I grieve for the sport itself, one that has been a major part of my life, as for many, for half a century. May all tracks be with us still in Spring 2021. 

To those who wish to now boast about their incredible wisdom in saying wee should have given up weeks ago, enjoy your twisted delight. Hopefully your track will survive this.....Hopefully.....

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, emilali said:

Officially announced now that this season has been cancelled. Got to wonder for how many clubs this will be the final straw. 

silly talk

Will have to keep eye out see which clubs/tracks will be releasing fixtures for August - October

To be expected, never thought we would see Speedway this summer to be honest.

Could do without the opinions of the infectious disease experts on here too - enough of them on every other forum you go on.

• Like 8

Berwick have said their season passes will be carried over to 2021.

• Like 2

Ipswich offering full refund or carry over until 2021

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, emilali said:

Scary to think how many fans wont receive their money back because clubs have already spent the money but then may have gone bust or closed by the start of next season anyways. Got to feel for those that have shelled out their hard earned.

Always pay on your credit card.

Got my season ticket money back, when my Football team went into administration.

Section 75

16 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

To be expected, never thought we would see Speedway this summer to be honest.

Could do without the opinions of the infectious disease experts on here too - enough of them on every other forum you go on.

No opinion was given, just facts.

The fact it upsets you shows how gullible you've been.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hardly a surprise, especially given the Rugby League announcement yesterday. I think most clubs will be fine tbh and be at the tapes in 2021 in some format.

Might be a shortage of riders however, having just read the news about Nico Covatti, both British and Foreign riders may follow him in pursuit of other long-term careers.

Berwick have announced they are competing at the same level in 2021, so strike one against the doom merchants

• Like 2