British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

How many tracks will run meetings

Now that the top two leagues have been shelved for this season, how many tracks will attempt to stage meetings at NL level. I'm hoping that my two nearest clubs, kent and Eastbourne run a few.

18 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Now that the top two leagues have been shelved for this season, how many tracks will attempt to stage meetings at NL level. I'm hoping that my two nearest clubs, kent and Eastbourne run a few.

what with no spectators ?

Stock cars are also not officially professional and they are starting up with crowds in Ipswich this week. OK you have to pre book tickets and wear masks in the stadium but it's running so I don't see why NL level speedway couldn't get the go ahead if they wanted to. 

• Like 2

And what about the possibility of Individual meetings?

I'm incredibly impressed that the scientists have been able run and prove analysis that the crowds that would attend an amateur meeting is one that has a lower risk of passing on infection than that attending 'elite events'

After all that must be what has happened as the government all through this has only 'followed the science'......

:blink:

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ray c said:

what with no spectators ?

I was under the impression, if the local authority approved it, spectators could be admitted for NL and amateur meetings. Just like they are at stock car racing.

• Like 2

I wonder if the public are allowed into Amateur Meetings, such as those at Scunthorpe?

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm incredibly impressed that the scientists have been able run and prove analysis that the crowds that would attend an amateur meeting is one that has a lower risk of passing on infection than that attending 'elite events'

After all that must be what has happened as the government all through this has only 'followed the science'......

:blink:

Lower crowds less risk, i reckon. Non league football is supposedly starting in September, with fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I wonder if the public are allowed into Amateur Meetings, such as those at Scunthorpe?

I don’t think there’s a risk for the half a dozen that watch them. Most of the ‘ onlookers ‘ are family of the youngsters anyway.

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was under the impression, if the local authority approved it, spectators could be admitted for NL and amateur meetings. Just like they are at stock car racing.

NL is professional, the riders get paid and the spectators pay, so the guidelines such as they are apply , but who is going to run around Just 4 meetings , in October, with a restricted crowd and guaranteed loss maker?

20 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Lower crowds less risk, i reckon. Non league football is supposedly starting in September, with fans.

I think the crowds for Non League Football will be massive, Sports fans have been starved of sport to attend for months... I've not been for an evening out since last October! I'd go and watch Speedway at any level at the moment

• Like 4

Just now, iainb said:

I think the crowds for Non League Football will be massive, Sports fans have been starved of sport to attend for months... I've not been for an evening out since last October! I'd go and watch Speedway at any level at the moment

I agree with you about the football. On the last saturday before the lockdown, my two first choice games at Brighton and Woking were postponed. So we diverted to Maidenhead and the place was packed with fans desperate for a game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

That's my point the limit should be on the  crowd numbers and not dependant on the level/status of the participants!!

Plus it should also be tailored to each venue - the space at one venue is very different to another and the risk is variable accordingly

• Like 2

"Strictly" amateur status matches/meetings, no league set-up, run with local authority permission. Online booking for limited tickets. Will be interested to see prices being charged.