British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That would mean 2 years ago, you couple had Robert Lambert & Dan Bewley as your reserves! Would staying at reserve be best for their progress!

But that doesn't happen every year where you have riders of that calibre at reserve, if Belle Vue or Kings Lynn chose to they could put Bewley and Lambert into their top five and introduce another Under-21 rider at reserve. But to answer your question yes Lambert and Bewley could stay at reserve until they reached twenty two, and no I don`t think it be holding them back as they be betting extra races every week against top five riders and more time in the bikes.

13 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Be interesting to see how Leon does when he moves into the main team? Furthermore if Leon finishes as well as he started, does he stay with Berwick, potentially carrying the team or does he look elsewhere to maximize his development?

Don't see any reason for Leon to leave Berwick unless he is racing full time in Prem & abroad!

13 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Be interesting to see how Leon does when he moves into the main team? Furthermore if Leon finishes as well as he started, does he stay with Berwick, potentially carrying the team or does he look elsewhere to maximize his development?

Realistically given how shambolic British Speedway is as a whole these days whereabouts would be dramatically more beneficial for his development? Are you suggesting a season at say Edinburgh or Newcastle to help him get the setup for Rybniks away fixture at Bydgoszcz next year? For me if he has serious ambitions of doing anything in the sport he should be using Lambert and Bewley as very recent inspirations and be attempting to follow in their footsteps. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, emilali said:

Realistically given how shambolic British Speedway is as a whole these days whereabouts would be dramatically more beneficial for his development? Are you suggesting a season at say Edinburgh or Newcastle to help him get the setup for Rybniks away fixture at Bydgoszcz next year? For me if he has serious ambitions of doing anything in the sport he should be using Lambert and Bewley as very recent inspirations and be attempting to follow in their footsteps. 

Aye send him to Newcastle we will look after him and its not like we don't need the help...

Honestly his Dad and Granddad will be able to give him all the advice he needs and to be fair Leon is a level headed kid I'm sure he will be able to make his own mind up as to where his future lies and what he needs to do and where he needs to go to best suit his career progression...

Although two seasons at Brough for Rob Lambert didn't hurt now did they... just saying like...

Regards
THJ

If I was him, I’d go to Edinburgh or Glasgow, still local enough, but much better clubs for rider progression/success and away from his home town safety blanket, although I hope he stays

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If I was him, I’d go to Edinburgh or Glasgow, still local enough, but much better clubs for rider progression/success and away from his home town safety blanket, although I hope he stays

I think the idea being promoted was for him to go to a "Trick Track" or to give it another less abusive name a more "Technical Track" hence why Edinburgh and Newcastle were mentioned... Since Steve Lawson went up to Glasgow to iron out the big dipper into bend 3 and the other minor gremlins Glasgow now have a strip they can be rightly proud of... it wasn't a bad track to start with per se however that little extra TLC put in by Steve has made it into one of the top half dozen tracks in the country at the minute IMHO... so maybe not offering the technical aspect that may be lacking in young Leon's repertoire...  

Regards
THJ

17 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I think the idea being promoted was for him to go to a "Trick Track" or to give it another less abusive name a more "Technical Track" hence why Edinburgh and Newcastle were mentioned... Since Steve Lawson went up to Glasgow to iron out the big dipper into bend 3 and the other minor gremlins Glasgow now have a strip they can be rightly proud of... it wasn't a bad track to start with per se however that little extra TLC put in by Steve has made it into one of the top half dozen tracks in the country at the minute IMHO... so maybe not offering the technical aspect that may be lacking in young Leon's repertoire...  

Regards
THJ

Wolverhampton quite a technical track so best of both worlds, Technical track in Premiership, Flat out track in Championship

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

My point was more if the lad hopes to go on and achieve anything meaningful within the sport that’s going to be in Poland. For me I therefore don’t see any great need to go to a more technical track. If he’s good enough he isn’t going to ride technical tracks at the top level. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

wolverhampton is a pretty technical track 

Don't think anyone’s said it isn’t.

Hello.

I'm planning on visiting Berwick this Saturday for the meeting Vs Glasgow. The email I have received about the etickets seem to suggest I need to print them off to show at the gate? Which I cannot do right now as I am away on holiday in the middle of nowhere Scotland. Is this the case? And have I just wasted £18 on tickets I won't be able to print out? OR can I just quote my reference number on the ticket and get in that way? OR use a QR code like a normal 21st century system speedway seems to have forgotten about?

Thanks,

Jack

38 minutes ago, JackJack said:

Hello.

I'm planning on visiting Berwick this Saturday for the meeting Vs Glasgow. The email I have received about the etickets seem to suggest I need to print them off to show at the gate? Which I cannot do right now as I am away on holiday in the middle of nowhere Scotland. Is this the case? And have I just wasted £18 on tickets I won't be able to print out? OR can I just quote my reference number on the ticket and get in that way? OR use a QR code like a normal 21st century system speedway seems to have forgotten about?

Thanks,

Jack

Just show the SMS on your phone,you don’t have to print ticket

Edited by Fromafar

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just show the SMS on your phone,you don’t have to print ticket

I didn't get a text, just an email which I can easily pull up, it has the QR code, the reference number and the meeting date on it, as long as that's sufficient. Thanks :t:

11 minutes ago, JackJack said:

I didn't get a text, just an email which I can easily pull up, it has the QR code, the reference number and the meeting date on it, as long as that's sufficient. Thanks :t:

Sounds suffice to to me.If you Email : club @berwickspeedway.com. They will confirm if that is the case.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:08 PM, crescent girl said:

Or we could look at the club website right now?

Or you could look on website now changed again.