British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

36 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Did I not see in the Speedway Star a few months ago (sure it was Gary Flint being interviewed) that the Bullets team were initially scheduled to be racing when the Bandits had blank weeks. Obviously with the season being a lot shorter probably the best way is to run the meetings as double headers?

Sure the only blank Saturday between now and the end of August is when Cardiff would have been on and that is with double headers against Kent, Leicester and Eastbourne (with Kent and Eastbourne being the last 2 weeks in August)?

The Bullets have seven home meetings (two already raced).   One was behind closed doors, two are stand-alone NDL matches and four are double-headed.

42 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Did I not see in the Speedway Star a few months ago (sure it was Gary Flint being interviewed) that the Bullets team were initially scheduled to be racing when the Bandits had blank weeks. Obviously with the season being a lot shorter probably the best way is to run the meetings as double headers?

Sure the only blank Saturday between now and the end of August is when Cardiff would have been on and that is with double headers against Kent, Leicester and Eastbourne (with Kent and Eastbourne being the last 2 weeks in August)?

My main complaint is that some fans  might not want to pay for a meeting they are not interested in staying back for.But the Promotion have decided he that is not the way they want to run.(Their prerogative).The traditional end of season that the BSPA recognise is the last day in October,so why do Berwick want to end by the end of August.?If they were still involved in  the play Off’s and other Competitions they would have to run beyond that date.

Edited by Fromafar

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

My main complaint is that some fans  might not want to pay for a meeting they are not interested in staying back for.But the Promotion have decided he that is not the way they want to run.(Their prerogative).The traditional end of season that the BSPA recognise is the last day in October,so why do Berwick want to end by the end of August.?If they were still involved in  the play Off’s and other Competitions they would have to run beyond that date.

Over the close season the majority were happy to champion the inclusion of the NDL team  and would happily back the venture. By running as double headers the venture becomes financially viable. £17 normal price, extra £7 for the double headers isn't the worst value (depending on teams on show) Booking fee's passed on to end users is a debateable one as ever. 

Would think the plan to get fixtures done by end August is a wise one, leaving gaps for any rain offs and play offs etc. Too often clubs fill fixtures until the end and then have to cancel or not complete the full quota.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Over the close season the majority were happy to champion the inclusion of the NDL team  and would happily back the venture. By running as double headers the venture becomes financially viable. £17 normal price, extra £7 for the double headers isn't the worst value (depending on teams on show) Booking fee's passed on to end users is a debateable one as ever. 

Would think the plan to get fixtures done by end August is a wise one, leaving gaps for any rain offs and play offs etc. Too often clubs fill fixtures until the end and then have to cancel or not complete the full quota.

I’m happy to see Berwick run a NDL team, but feel they it would have been better supported in stand alone meetings.That’s just my personal thoughts.Feel that £25 for double headers might be too much for some people.I certainly feel that £50 + fuel is not value for me and wife.Will pick and choose matches I will attend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I’m happy to see Berwick run a NDL team, but feel they it would have been better supported in stand alone meetings.That’s just my personal thoughts.Feel that £25 for double headers might be too much for some people.I certainly feel that £50 + fuel is not value for me and wife.Will pick and choose matches I will attend.

Unfortunately i think many would share your view that you are happy to see Berwick run a NDL team and wouldn't want to pay to watch it.

I think the promotion have made a sensible decision to test the water and i suspect the stand alone events will bare out that the venture can be sustained via double headers but not on its own merits.

Everyone has their price point and their opinions of value for money, i certainly wouldn't have been excited to watch a CL meeting packed with guests and RR that was largely from the gate action at £17 a head.

22 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unfortunately i think many would share your view that you are happy to see Berwick run a NDL team and wouldn't want to pay to watch it.

I think the promotion have made a sensible decision to test the water and i suspect the stand alone events will bare out that the venture can be sustained via double headers but not on its own merits.

Everyone has their price point and their opinions of value for money, i certainly wouldn't have been excited to watch a CL meeting packed with guests and RR that was largely from the gate action at £17 a head.

Gate and Go is getting to be the norm at a lot of tracks these days.There Will always be plenty discussion on what the Entry Fee should be to watch Speedway, whether it is largely from the Gate or not.At £10 entry for stand alone NDL meetings would hold up on its own merit IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

After a weeks training out in Poland with Rybnik, Leon Flint guests tonight for Redcar in their home meeting with Birmingham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, screm said:

After a weeks training out in Poland with Rybnik, Leon Flint guests tonight for Redcar in their home meeting with Birmingham.

Not a bad start either :lol:

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

What's the story with Fernando Garcia? When's he gonna get here?

Sometime never.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, screm said:

Leon scored 7+1 from five rides last night from the number two position in the Redcar team, including a win in heat one.

Hearing that Aaron Summers has picked up a guest booking tomorrow night for Ipswich in their away meeting at Belle Vue.

18 hours ago, screm said:

Hearing that Aaron Summers has picked up a guest booking tomorrow night for Ipswich in their away meeting at Belle Vue.

Yes, he said that in the on-track interview at the interval on Saturday -- five matches in five days.     Mind you, Leon Flint is currently in the middle of seven matches in six days!

On top of an already busy week, Leon Flint has picked up an extra meeting this coming Friday where he makes his debut for his Polish club ROW Rybnik in their home meeting with Unia Tarnow. Quite a step up but hopefully Leon will be at No8 so hopefully will get a chance at some point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screm said:

On top of an already busy week, Leon Flint has picked up an extra meeting this coming Friday where he makes his debut for his Polish club ROW Rybnik in their home meeting with Unia Tarnow. Quite a step up but hopefully Leon will be at No8 so hopefully will get a chance at some point.

Great news and richly deserved given his current boost in form. I did worry that he was going a bit stale with his development but Leon has clearly upped something and its paying off big time.