British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

Worth noting that on Saturday, Berwick's double-header was completed in 2 hours 40 minutes, even leaving plenty time for Danny Phillips to have two four-laps training sessions before the curfew time.   

Full marks to referee Jim McGregor (never thought I'd be writing those words!) the pits and track staff, as well as the two teams' management.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Worth noting that on Saturday, Berwick's double-header was completed in 2 hours 40 minutes, even leaving plenty time for Danny Phillips to have two four-laps training sessions before the curfew time.   

Full marks to referee Jim McGregor (never thought I'd be writing those words!) the pits and track staff, as well as the two teams' management.

I highly doubt many people give a sh it TBH. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Especially when they were covered in sh#t from a very dusty track.;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

You would soon see who "gives a sh*t" if any of the races couldn't be fitted in because of the curfew

• Like 2

Everyone did very well last Saturday to get all the races in before the curfew, especially with both teams in the Championship match running R/R. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, szkocjasid said:

Well that was a very disappointing southern tour as bad as the Eurovision.

9 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Well that was a very disappointing southern tour as bad as the Eurovision.

Disappointing indeed when you think of the points thrown away... okay, I’ve already said Leicester we were unlucky to not get at least a point due to NBJ’s machinery issues but the collapse at Plymouth in those last 4 heats was soul destroying! Take nowt away from Plymouth, they did what they had to do, but for us to collapse in that manner was dreadful! 
The Poole result... well, I anticipated beforehand a 10-12 point defeat... but... and I'm really trying to think positively here, a couple of upsides to that meeting was the fact Spud showed he does know how to win as he beat Andersen and the epic performances of Kyle and Leon. Kyle hasn’t had too many plaudits thus far as he’s been overshadowed by Leon but last night for both of them was superb! Quite frankly, I’d have stuck Kyle in heat 15 too. What was there to lose... both our reserves had earned their places!

Onwards to this weekend where I anticipate Redcar to really give us a stern test! 

3 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Disappointing indeed when you think of the points thrown away... okay, I’ve already said Leicester we were unlucky to not get at least a point due to NBJ’s machinery issues but the collapse at Plymouth in those last 4 heats was soul destroying! Take nowt away from Plymouth, they did what they had to do, but for us to collapse in that manner was dreadful! 
The Poole result... well, I anticipated beforehand a 10-12 point defeat... but... and I'm really trying to think positively here, a couple of upsides to that meeting was the fact Spud showed he does know how to win as he beat Andersen and the epic performances of Kyle and Leon. Kyle hasn’t had too many plaudits thus far as he’s been overshadowed by Leon but last night for both of them was superb! Quite frankly, I’d have stuck Kyle in heat 15 too. What was there to lose... both our reserves had earned their places!

Onwards to this weekend where I anticipate Redcar to really give us a stern test! 

When the 2 reserves score 1/2 the team total. AWAY from home you can see the problem.

• Like 3

I always wonder when teams do southern/northern tours, when do they wash all their gear & set up for the next meeting? Do they wash down at the 1st track so to dry off in time for the next & then set their bikes up at the following track?

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I always wonder when teams do southern/northern tours, when do they wash all their gear & set up for the next meeting? Do they wash down at the 1st track so to dry off in time for the next & then set their bikes up at the following track?

most riders stop off at other riders workshops close to where there staying/track ,riders are always helping each other i have had riders cleaning there bikes at 1am in my workshop if they have ride at glasgow or edinburgh on a friday and then going to berwick on a saturday 

11 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Should be thankful for speedway tho

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Should be thankful for speedway tho

Didn’t say am not... 

Think Mr Dodds been on the vino just read his blog on Dirt Extra .

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Teams on a Northern tour usually did their bikes at Beaton's garage courtesy of Jimmy Beaton.

47 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think Mr Dodds been on the vino just read his blog on Dirt Extra .

It’s his attempt at who can produce the “ biggest load of sh#t Dirt Extra Post” between him and Dick.Draw is a fair result.IMO.