British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He will be burnt out by mid seaso

He will be burnt out by mid season at this rate.

Mid season already isn't it, how much longer will it last?

Hearing that Leon Flint has picked another guest booking, this time in the Premiership for Wolves in their match with Peterborough at EoES tomorrow.

Possibly guesting at Kent on Tuesday. Busy boy 

2 hours ago, screm said:

I think Berwick now have two free weeks before they tackle Glasgow on the 28th, if there is to be a team change then now seems as good a time as any. Where the rider or riders come from I am not sure, the situation with Garcia needs addressing though as there is no sign he is going to get the green light to fly over here.

Another Argentinian, Carlos Eber Ampugnani, apparently flew in a week ago & raced in the World U21 Qualifier at Gustrow yesterday.

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Another Argentinian, Carlos Eber Ampugnani, apparently flew in a week ago & raced in the World U21 Qualifier at Gustrow yesterday.

I see that, he was using bikes Nico Covatti who was also at the meeting it seems. The Garcia situation needs sorting as it seems he wont be anywhere near Berwick anytime soon.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The difference being of course is that he flew into Germany so I am guessing their restrictions allow that. Just now our restrictions don't but as I`ve posted the Garcia situation needs sorting.

• Like 1

Leon Flint scores 5+2 for Glasgow in their 47-43 defeat at Redcar. Now onto Peterborough and after that Kent.

So current Covid restrictions are to stay in place for another, probably to the surprise of nobody. I wonder how many teams from the Championship or Premiership will be looking to put their season on hold until the middle of July.

14 minutes ago, screm said:

So current Covid restrictions are to stay in place for another, probably to the surprise of nobody. I wonder how many teams from the Championship or Premiership will be looking to put their season on hold until the middle of July.

Certainly won’t go down well with a couple of Teams ( can’t really blame them).Berwick seem to be holding up crowd wise,but who knows the overall picture.If teams don’t want to run during this next phase of lockdown it will cause problems.

This Saturday has Berwick Bullets taking centre stage in their first stand-alone match before spectators.

Hopefully the Berwick (and Newcastle) public will support the meeting -- Bullets are top of the table, but Gems are unbeaten home or away, so it should be an interesting encounter, with the added interest of a sprinkling of local-derby spice.

The usual e-tickets are on sale -- £10 across the board -- from the usual site: https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Edited by crescent girl
typo

What's the chances Berwick sign a new rider this week and will have a practice after Bullets meeting?

13 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

What's the chances Berwick sign a new rider this week and will have a practice after Bullets meeting?

Don’t be shy.:P

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, crescent girl said:

This Saturday has Berwick Bullets taking centre stage in their first stand-alone match before spectators.

Hopefully the Berwick (and Newcastle) public will support the meeting -- Bullets are top of the table, but Gems are unbeaten home or away, so it should be an interesting encounter, with the added interest of a sprinkling of local-derby spice.

The usual e-tickets are on sale -- £10 across the board -- from the usual site: https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Due to Newcastle withdrawing from NDL racing, this meeting has had to be cancelled.    No meeting at Berwick on Saturday,

16 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

If there`s a new rider they can have as much practice as they want on Saturday night.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Due to Newcastle withdrawing from NDL racing, this meeting has had to be cancelled.    No meeting at Berwick on Saturday,

Sad situation that Newcastle currently find themselves as the problems aren't down to Rob Grant in any way. Hopefully they find a way to see out the season and re-group over the winter.

Hopefully.:unsure:

• Like 2