British Speedway Forum
col69

berwick bandits 2021

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

There are some excellent talents in today's bottom 8. Just because they didn't perform on a slick and bumpy track doesn't mean they aren't very promising riders for the future.

Agree,I was probably a bit harsh with my criticism,they certainly had trouble adapting to track conditions.

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,I was probably a bit harsh with my criticism,they certainly had trouble adapting to track conditions.

The track was pretty shocking, the last 8 heats were largely won by the riders who missed the holes.

Impressive score from Leon Flint last night, making his home debut for his Swedish club Valsarna he scored 11+1in his sides home win against Smalanningarna.

• Like 4

Leon Flint`s crucial third place from last night`s meeting at Sheffield

53 minutes ago, screm said:

Leon Flint`s crucial third place from last night`s meeting at Sheffield

Great ride under pressure all the way.

We are so lucky to have him at Berwick, watching him develop.

• Like 1

Leon beats Sam Masters at Armadale .

• Like 1

In the draw for the British Under-19 Final to be held at Mildenhall, Kyle Bickley has been drawn at No9 while Leon Flint has been drawn at No16.

Cracking double spread in Speedway Star this week by  Mr Berwick , Dennis's dream team of Bandits,well worth a read.

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Cracking double spread in Speedway Star this week by  Mr Berwick , Dennis's dream team of Bandits,well worth a read.

Picked 7 out of the 8 Dennis chose, the only change for me would be Bruce Cribb for Mark Courtney, only because I never saw that era. Otherwise couldn't argue with the selection, based on loyalty and what they gave to the cause. Could spark an endless debate as to who each fan would choose. Would love to hear about some of the riders before I started going in 1977, the likes of Dougie Wyer, how good they were.

26 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Picked 7 out of the 8 Dennis chose, the only change for me would be Bruce Cribb for Mark Courtney, only because I never saw that era. Otherwise couldn't argue with the selection, based on loyalty and what they gave to the cause. Could spark an endless debate as to who each fan would choose. Would love to hear about some of the riders before I started going in 1977, the likes of Dougie Wyer, how good they were.

Like you say could cause endless debate,but like you I had 7 out of 8,I would have had David Meldrum for Kevin Doolan.As of the early day Maury Robinson,Willie Templeton and Andy Meldrum deserve a mention for me( among many others).

My Bandits dream team would be:

1. Scott Lamb

2. Adrian Rymel

3. Mark Courtney

4. Alan Mogridge

5. David Walsh

6. Andy Campbell

7. Lee Complin

8. Paul Clews

On 8/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, topsoil said:

Doug Wyer was rather good 

Screenshot_20210817_222148.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Normski said:

Doug Wyer was rather good 

Screenshot_20210817_222148.jpg

He certainly was,and went on to have a good career.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Notice that Edinburgh have change their fixture with Eastbourne,to give them time to resolve their problems.As it was part of Northern Tour with Berwick the following day,will they still be up for the Berwick fixture.Interesting.