British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

I would have concerns over many members of the team announced for 2020, in terms of competitiveness and commitment in 2021.

2 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I would have concerns over many members of the team announced for 2020, in terms of competitiveness and commitment in 2021.

not a chance will the teams be the same !!

4 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Good news for the Panthers that both Tungate and Iversen have signed for 1st division clubs in Poland.

If Iversen rides in Sweden and Denmark though, that would still fill up his quota of teams.

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

If Iversen rides in Sweden and Denmark though, that would still fill up his quota of teams.

I thought that if riders don't ride in the PEL they could ride elsewhere without any restrictions.

27 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I thought that if riders don't ride in the PEL they could ride elsewhere without any restrictions.

No.

In the Polish Extraleague it is the Polish League and one other league.

In the Polish Divsion 1 and Division 2 it is the Polish League and two other leagues. So Iversen couldn’t for example ride in Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Britain. 

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No.

In the Polish Divsion 1 and Division 2 it is the Polish League and two other leagues. So Iversen couldn’t for example ride in Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Britain. 

Thank You

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

No.

poland and two other leagues =3 leagues if iversen does poland/sweden/denmark that's his 3 leagues no britain !!

Just now, geoff58 said:

poland and two other leagues =3 leagues if iversen does poland/sweden/denmark that's his 3 leagues no britain !!

If you reread my post correctly, you will see that is exactly what I had said.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Could be a major blow to the Panthers with the news that Tungate has signed for a Danish club, with him already signed for a Polish and Swedish club this would rule him out of Panthers plans unless changes are made to where riders can ride.

If theres to be any speedway in the UK in 2021 its looking more likely to be run with one league only due to the lack of riders available to make up the teams.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If theres to be any speedway in the UK in 2021 its looking more likely to be run with one league only due to the lack of riders available to make up the teams.

i've been an advocate of one league. But, ironically, don't you need more riders to fill all the teams in one league as opposed to riders doubling up in two?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, False dawn said:

i've been an advocate of one league. But, ironically, don't you need more riders to fill all the teams in one league as opposed to riders doubling up in two?

You're right unfortunately, only way it would work would be with less teams than the premiership and championship combined, obviously hope not, but the pandemic could facilitate one league if some don't reopen next season.