British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

39 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Ulle will be back too

Cant see how you can have a team with Ulle in and get anywhere near the average. Unless Bjarne is being reassessed and coming in on a 8.00 average.

I do get its not all about getting near the average set out by the BSPA, but seems silly wasting points. 

So can it be assumed that Buster and Allit have taken MPT to Lynn 

Edited by scoobydoo

Awesome job by the Panthers management. 

Fans will laugh at Peterborough now but when all the 1-7's are revealed Bjarne will look like a league leader. The league is going to be full of riders who are either old or not good enough to make it abroad along with a rising star in each team.

COVID and Poland left British Speedway bosses with a massive task just to put out a 1-7. 

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So can it be assumed that Buster and Allit have taken MPT to Lynn 

Looks that way anyway

5 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Looks that way anyway

To fill a Riss shaped hole presumably. 

I cant see Buster or Michael paying out for another race suit and another set of kevlars for KL when the rider is all kitted out and ready to go for Peterborough. 

My money is on BWD making way due to him not having a race suit or team kevlars. Cost cutting measure why pay out more money that you haven't really got when you've got riders kitted out and ready to go for Peterborough. 

Bjarne Pedersen 6.91
Michael Palm Toft 6.30
Chris Harris 6.00
Hans Andersen 5.79
Bradley Wilson-Dean 5.47
Ulrich Ostergaard 4.00

Bjarne Pedersen 6.91
Michael Palm Toft 6.30
Chris Harris 6.00
Hans Andersen 5.79
Scott Nicholls 5.36
Ulrich Ostergaard 4.00

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Cant see how you can have a team with Ulle in and get anywhere near the average. Unless Bjarne is being reassessed and coming in on a 8.00 average.

I do get its not all about getting near the average set out by the BSPA, but seems silly wasting points. 

Rider shortage and cost cutting measures imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I cant see Buster or Michael paying out for another race suit and another set of kevlars for KL when the rider is all kitted out and ready to go for Peterborough. 

My money is on BWD making way due to him not having a race suit or team kevlars. Cost cutting measure why pay out more money that you haven't really got when you've got riders kitted out and ready to go for Peterborough. 

Bjarne Pedersen 6.91
Michael Palm Toft 6.30
Chris Harris 6.00
Hans Andersen 5.79
Bradley Wilson-Dean 5.47
Ulrich Ostergaard 4.00

Bjarne Pedersen 6.91
Michael Palm Toft 6.30
Chris Harris 6.00
Hans Andersen 5.79
Scott Nicholls 5.36
Ulrich Ostergaard 4.00

In the grand scheme of things in speedway signings one race suit is a drop in the ocean. There is a lot wrong with the decision making at PL level if a set of Kevlars is the deciding factor. 

The cost of a race suit against screwing over Peterborough supporters yet again is a no brainer to the Peterborough promotion

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In the grand scheme of things in speedway signings one race suit is a drop in the ocean. There is a lot wrong with the decision making at PL level if a set of Kevlars is the deciding factor. 

All about money and I expect the Pandemic has affected Buster more than others with him owning two clubs.

I expect to see both KL and Peterborough at least a point under the limit to be honest because of it. 

I think both teams are going to be a budget team in the hope of making the top 4 rather than splashing the cash on riders to put in a title challenge.

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The cost of a race suit against screwing over Peterborough supporters yet again is a no brainer to the Peterborough promotion

You think losing MPT and gaining Bjarne is being screwed over? Much of a muchness but I think Panthers have slightly the better deal. 

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You think losing MPT and gaining Bjarne is being screwed over? Much of a muchness but I think Panthers have slightly the better deal. 

Although past his prime, one thing you know with Bjarne he has always been reliable when he rode in the uk, with a professional set up and normally top class machinery, never been a mixer like the main Pedersen, but if he's lost little of his speed was hard to pass, even the couple of seasons he was at Eastbourne. 

I'll say it before anyone else does, I know it's hard to pass anyway at Arlington,  but he was the same only better in his Poole days. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

According to this week's Speedway Star, Bjarne was also approached to join Kings Lynn, but chose Peterborough as he prefers the track there.

• Like 1

Cheap air travel fuelled riders ability to flit between countries in Europe.

Poland and COVID has for this season at least, given promoters here a shot of realism.

Well done to Bjarne for committing  to U.K.