British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You think losing MPT and gaining Bjarne is being screwed over? Much of a muchness but I think Panthers have slightly the better deal. 

Yes nearly as good as the Summers for Cook deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

All about money and I expect the Pandemic has affected Buster more than others with him owning two clubs.

I expect to see both KL and Peterborough at least a point under the limit to be honest because of it. 

I think both teams are going to be a budget team in the hope of making the top 4 rather than splashing the cash on riders to put in a title challenge.

Well they already have a top six place secured...:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GWC said:

Cheap air travel fuelled riders ability to flit between countries in Europe.

Poland and COVID has for this season at least, given promoters here a shot of realism.

Well done to Bjarne for committing  to U.K. 

I suspect air travel won’t be so cheap as it was for a while - as airlines have been haemorrhaging money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Well they already have a top six place secured...:D

Are they having playoffs or using league positions for champions?  Playoffs in a 6 team league just sounds wrong.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Are they having playoffs or using league positions for champions?  Playoffs in a 6 team league just sounds wrong.

Playoffs with even 12 teams always seemed wrong, ( but we've  had that argument for 19 years) but tv and finances made it the norm, and can't think it'll be any different this season even with only 6 teams.

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes nearly as good as the Summers for Cook deal

Lol knew I shouldn’t have bothered. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Playoffs with even 12 teams always seemed wrong, ( but we've  had that argument for 19 years) but tv and finances made it the norm, and can't think it'll be any different this season even with only 6 teams.

When the top flight goes down to four teams, we can do away with the majority of the season.

• Like 2

On 04/02/2021 at 4:21 PM, gazzac said:

Last year in Sweden all 8 teams qualified for the play-offs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Last year in Sweden all 8 teams qualified for the play-offs!

Basically a KO Cup then after a seasons practice?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

so with the 'Rising Stars' list, I assume Tom Bacon (aged 28) will be the rising star for the Panthers. How apt really, the oldest 'Rising Star' signing for 'Dads Army'. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

so with the 'Rising Stars' list, I assume Tom Bacon (aged 28) will be the rising star for the Panthers. How apt really, the oldest 'Rising Star' signing for 'Dads Army'. 

But when he looks round the pits at his team mates, he will feel like a teenager...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

To be fair to the Peterborough promoters it isn't a bad idea...

It means that their team will be the first one in the country whereby all their riders have received the vaccine...:D

• Haha 9

Looking at the list of 'Rising Stars' I can't see much value in any of the one or two stars riders that defeats the object. 

Edited by Flappy