British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

All rising stars to be announced in the near future apparently, according to other teams. 

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

All rising stars to be announced in the near future apparently, according to other teams. 

We reckon we go for Bacon? 

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We reckon we go for Bacon? 

Its the logical choice in all honesty. Id prefer to go for a real youngsters and nurture them BUT can't see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

I am doing what I can . Reconnecting with BBC Radio Cambridge who were going to get involved   last year. Little support from elsewhere I must  say.

Maybe you should contact Justin Tomlinson MP he is the minister for disabilities, 

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe you should contact Justin Tomlinson MP he is the minister for disabilities, 

A good idea, however it would be good to know  whether or not Management have had second thoughts or not.

• Like 1

I take it all back! 

Welcome Jordan Palin to the showground. Be a chance to ride with your dads heroes 

He’s only a 1 star rated rider ? I would have thought the 6 prem clubs would have gone for the 3 star riders at least, I hope he goes well for us but I can’t see him beating Tom bacon or Tom Brennan or drew kemp 

7 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He’s only a 1 star rated rider ? I would have thought the 6 prem clubs would have gone for the 3 star riders at least, I hope he goes well for us but I can’t see him beating Tom bacon or Tom Brennan or drew kemp 

Tom Bacon is a Peterborough asset and graded 4*, Jordan Palin is neither.....

Just now, NeilWatson said:

Tom Bacon is a Peterborough asset and graded 4*, Jordan Palin is neither.....

But will in all likelihood turnout to be a better rider than Bacon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I'd rather seeing Palin improve and benefit from a season in the top flight, who's young and could make it far in the sport. Bacon might make a reserve in the top division but otherwise can he really improve.....

I just don’t really get the whole star system, if you build a team to a certain average and then choose a rider from a list that doesn’t affect the team building average why not just choose the 4 star riders ? 

Just now, Gasser90 said:

I just don’t really get the whole star system, if you build a team to a certain average and then choose a rider from a list that doesn’t affect the team building average why not just choose the 4 star riders ? 

I get that, it doesn't make much sense to me. Should have just been 4,3,2 and 1 on the averages.

Bates and Brennan will be the best by far, then Bacon, Kemp, and Pailin/Kinsley afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So do we not get more team points to play with? 

I can't see how we will get close to the points limit anyway personally