British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Learn what though? :blink:

Plenty from four former GP riders I’d have thought. 

I think Palin is a pretty cracking signing to be honest, certainly better than Bacon and Kinsley and potential to go further than any other rising star 

4 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

As far as I know we don’t get any more team points to play with by using a 1 star rider, that’s what doesn’t make sense to me. By picking a “4 star” rider your clearly having an advantage over picking a “1 star” rider yet we still only have 35 odd points to play with for the rest of the team 

Exactly my point, basically some teams have gained an advantage by using older Rising Stars, if every Premiership team had used a rising star with little or no Championship experience their would have been no real difference.

I think Palin is a cracking young rider and in time could be very good but he isn’t at the same level at the moment that Josh Bates or Tom Bacon are, if Rising stars had been given 4, 3, 2 and 1 point starting GSA and were included in a 1-7 team total I doubt a few teams would have built the same way.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, therefused said:

I think Palin is a pretty cracking signing to be honest, certainly better than Bacon and Kinsley and potential to go further than any other rising star 

The word there is potential. I think he could outscore kinsley this season, but what will panthers gain for the seasons ahead? 

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

At least Palin is actually a rising star 

Glad he has been signed up. One of the youngsters with real talent. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

The word there is potential. I think he could outscore kinsley this season, but what will panthers gain for the seasons ahead? 

And there’s the rub as 2022 season it’s 2 rising stars to find if Palin gets recalled to BV after a great season with Peterborough!

Perhaps it will encourage teams to find and develop their own riders like they did once upon a time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Wonder if Palin was asked to ride at Lynn and like Pedersen he preferred Peterborough 

I would be shocked if Kinsley wasn’t Lynn’s first choice all along. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Plenty from four former GP riders I’d have thought. 

Meanwhile at Sheffield the 1-6 can learn from former GP rider Josh Bates ;):D

• Haha 9

Scoobydoo will be happy (or less unhappy) anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So nice to know that you  bothered to take the time to post , also see your puppy dog followers hit the like button again .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

MPT signs

More pensioner trunderlers??