British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Must be one of the oldest teams ever! 

I'm thinking Oxford in the late sixties with Genz, Goody, McCauliffe, Reeves, Bishop seemed old. Rick Timmo looked young. Who am I missing? Is it Pete Jarman?

I quite like the team tbh. Wouldn't sign Ostergaard for any team but that's personal preference other than that I've seen worse Panthers teams on paper 

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

I'm thinking Oxford in the late sixties with Genz, Goody, McCauliffe, Reeves, Bishop seemed old. Rick Timmo looked young. Who am I missing? Is it Pete Jarman?

Jimmy Gooch?

I'm thinking Jimmy Gooch  was possibly at Hackney at the period I'm thinking of?

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

The Oxford team at the start of the 1968 season had an average age of 29 years 9 months. Arne Pander 36, Eddie Reeves 22, Ronnie Genz 38, Colin Gooddy 35, Leo McAuliffe 34, Rick Timmo 20, John Bishop 23.

In 1969 33 year old Jarman replaced Pander and the average age was 30 years 2 months.

Edited by BL65
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lefty said:

Arne Pander in 1968 and R/R for him a fair bit of the time, Danny tried Gotfried Andersson but I believe finished up running Johnny Poyser, Pete Seaton, Mick Bell and Ted Spittles over many meetings.

Edited by Whisperer

15 hours ago, Lefty said:

When i first went to Hackney in 1970, they had Biggs, Gooch and McGillivray. Riders who seemed to belong in a different era.

It’s an old team I don’t think anyone can dispute that, as to whether that will affect its ability to do well remains to be seen.

Things will become clearer in May but as long as the track is set up to suit our team of racers I don’t see too much of a problem and look forward to a return of the racing.

• Like 3

It could be a master stroke or could go badly wrong watch this space 

“Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?

If you think we're on the run

We are the boys who will stop your little game

We are the boys who will make you think again”

Poor young Jordan Palin is going to walk into that changing room & be hit with the smell of Deep Heat & Werther’s original while tripping over Bjarne Pedersen & Scott Nicholls zimmer frames.

Joking aside despite having a team with a combined age of over 250 I think they will be solid throughout & competitive at home.

Edited by Lionspride

2 hours ago, Lionspride said:

Joking aside despite having a team with a combined age of over 250 I think they will be solid throughout.

Thats a bit unfair on Scott at least, he looks fit and lean for a guy of his age.:rolleyes:

Age is just a number. The top 5 have years of experience and track knowledge to get around any circuit well. 

Fans will laugh at the side but in a watered down SGB Premiership this team could easily roll back the years riding against bang average riders who will never reach the heights some of the Panthers have in their career.

• Like 1