British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

54 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I suspect that the problem here is that management take the view that they are management and  their decisions should not be questioned and that they will lose face if they back down. Something that can't be tolerated

Which management?? 

Buster regardless is going to be a villain Peterborough, I get that. 

The Speedway management have said the decision was made by the owners, the owners say it was the Speedway. 

Someone is lying, but that's where Buster does have issues, communication is dreadful, even when he's right. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Which management?? 

Buster regardless is going to be a villain Peterborough, I get that. 

The Speedway management have said the decision was made by the owners, the owners say it was the Speedway. 

Someone is lying, but that's where Buster does have issues, communication is dreadful, even when he's right. 

Amongst the triumvirate I am fairly certain it was not Buster. Agree that someone is lying ,I have it in writing ( well e mail ) that it was not EOES .  Carl Johnson has now gone. If ban continues  we will know  the guilty party. I will send you the E Mail if you like

• Like 1

As an away supporter I've been disappointed that car park charges apply when it is then followed by a walk of the distance that is needed to get to the track. I'm currently able to do it and feel extremely disappointed for those less physically able who want their Speedway fix. 

This situation is greatly compounded by this current Blue Badge status. Having assisted friends who are wheelchair bound to attend speedway meetings I have been amazed by the differing facilities and support offered at speedway tracks over the years.  For this to happen in 2021 is an embarrassment at both a Peterborough level and BSPL overall.

A thumbs up to those who have kept this topic live. 

A thumbs down to those who can get it sorted and haven't. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lefty said:

As an away supporter I've been disappointed that car park charges apply when it is then followed by a walk of the distance that is needed to get to the track. I'm currently able to do it and feel extremely disappointed for those less physically able who want their Speedway fix. 

This situation is greatly compounded by this current Blue Badge status. Having assisted friends who are wheelchair bound to attend speedway meetings I have been amazed by the differing facilities and support offered at speedway tracks over the years.  For this to happen in 2021 is an embarrassment at both a Peterborough level and BSPL overall.

A thumbs up to those who have kept this topic live. 

A thumbs down to those who can get it sorted and haven't. 

I'm not too sure of the relevance of the car park charge? That's a separate issue I don't have a problem with, apart from Colin Horton bringing it in to allegedly cover the clubs SRBF contribution (if my memory serves me right), the charge sticking and subsequently seemingly just being subsumed in to running costs.

Also worth noting is the Blue Badge shake up 2019 to take in hidden disabilities. Wheelchairs and disability naturally have always seemed to go together but the criteria is somewhat wider these days covering all manner of physical and mental health issues.

Anyway, my last post on the matter. Noodles must be doing his nut :D

Ahh for the National League days of the Easter Triangle 3TT

Then in later years on Good Friday it was Lynn in the morning,  Ipswich for the afternoon ,  then Peterborough in the evening

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, scoobydoo said:

Ahh for the National League days of the Easter Triangle 3TT

Then in later years on Good Friday it was Lynn in the morning,  Ipswich for the afternoon ,  then Peterborough in the evening

Sadly those great days seem to be gone for every had it not been for Covid I’m sure Kings Lynn would ran stock cars Good Friday instead of the inconvenience of speedway 

My first Lynn away meeting was at the Foxhole in Good Friday in 1992, the morning match was rained off and we travelled to Suffolk more in hope than expectation of seeing some racing but they’d had hardly any rain and Lynn won 48-42 secured by a last heat 5-1 from Gustafsson and Brhel, happy days. 

Top flight bank holiday meetings would be great but I don’t see it happening in the foreseeable future with fixed race nights etc. Buster would run cars at Lynn anyway for the extra income and I don’t really blame him.

Edited by Bagpuss

Talk about Bank Holiday doubles reminds me of the TRIPLES my parents and I went to for a few seasons. Rayleigh Speedway in the late morning followed by Rayleigh for PRI Bangers and either Anglia Rods or Mini Rods in the afternoon followed by the dash to Wimbledon for the evening Speedway. All done on public transport from Southfields with my mother having prepared a good lot of food that we had to carry around but at least the bags got lighter as the day went on. 

In later years White City and Walthamstow doubles were also good but did not involve Speedway. 

I’ve done Kings Lynn v Ipswich at 11am then down to Ipswich for the return meeting v Kings Lynn in the afternoon often used to start late to get the crowd in I seem to remember them dash back to Peterborough in the evening 3 in a day 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

I’ve done Kings Lynn v Ipswich at 11am then down to Ipswich for the return meeting v Kings Lynn in the afternoon often used to start late to get the crowd in I seem to remember them dash back to Peterborough in the evening 3 in a day 

They were happy days. Watching Parker trying to steal the tractor at Foxhall , Buster coming to blows with the Ipswich officials , and Bunyan getting upset because the Stars fans laughed at him for demolishing the safety fence in all his rides.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mrss said:

They were happy days. Watching Parker trying to steal the tractor at Foxhall , Buster coming to blows with the Ipswich officials , and Bunyan getting upset because the Stars fans laughed at him for demolishing the safety fence in all his rides.

Hi Guys, not stealing your thread but it sounds like happy days. We used have something similar at Swindon when we would race against Reading and Oxford in a three team tournament or race against Oxford away in the morning and home in the evening. Then after losing both Oxford and Reading, we then used to ride Poole away in the morning then home in the evening.

I remember one Good Friday back in 86 when we rode away at Oxford at 11 then we travelled onto Colchester to watch Swindon play there that evening. Sadly those enjoyable days have gone. At least you have some speedway to look forward to this season.

6 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Talk about Bank Holiday doubles reminds me of the TRIPLES my parents and I went to for a few seasons. Rayleigh Speedway in the late morning followed by Rayleigh for PRI Bangers and either Anglia Rods or Mini Rods in the afternoon followed by the dash to Wimbledon for the evening Speedway. All done on public transport from Southfields with my mother having prepared a good lot of food that we had to carry around but at least the bags got lighter as the day went on. 

In later years White City and Walthamstow doubles were also good but did not involve Speedway. 

Triples are for Snowlflakes, I genuinely remember the one day in my speedway supporting careeer when I fitted in - just - a Quadruple. Oxford in the morning and a double header at Rye House in the afternoon and Coventry in the evening! Back home to Northampton, Happy but cream crackered. It was over an Easter Weekend ( trying to find the diary that I recorded the matches in ).

Easter Triangle memories of Peterborough on Friday then Mildenhall on the Sunday finishing at Rye House on the Monday, watching the Fen Tigers in there tiger print tassled leathers and Rye in there Infladex coloured leathers and then the Panthers in there any coloured leathers ,always thought the tigers and rockets looked so smart wonder if thats where the idea for team colours really took off !!!

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

.....a Quadruple. Oxford in the morning and a double header at Rye House in the afternoon and Coventry in the evening! Back home to Northampton, Happy but cream crackered.

I'm impressed. Wouldn't it be great to think that might be possible again someday? Sadly I fear not.

My own claim to fame was two meetings in a day. Not very impressive you might think, but this was as a sidecar passenger. I was just finishing competing a day on the grass at Ugley in Essex when I got the call from another driver to jump on with him at Brandon. Now, you should know that at this point in time (2003) I was fairly new as a competitor. I had, however, been following the Bees for over 30 years and I'd never had the chance to race there before. This was my "field of dreams". Suffice it say that I spent most of the journey back from Essex ringing all my family and friends to get them to come and see me. 

The sad end is that although I continued racing for another 6 years, I never had another opportunity to race on the hallowed shale at Brandon. I've long since retired and my "field of dreams" is rusting away.

But hey, I crossed the fence. And for the first 48 years of my life, I never imagined that might happen. Not in my wildest dreams.

P.S. To keep this on subject, there ain't many that can say they raced at Ryan Sullivan's testimonial, at the showground.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Have to say I consider my self lucky though I didn’t realise it at the time to have been able to do 3 meetings in a day I’d regularly do 3 in a weekend Friday Pboro Saturday Lynn Sunday Boston or Mildenhall that was more or less every weekend - imagine the cost now  admission and fuel and food ?  .They was happy days never to return I fear . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1