British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

That didn’t take long….jake Allen to Ipswich in place of Klindt, bit harsh to be dropped now.

Edited by Redleader
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Redleader said:

That didn’t take long….jake Allen to Ipswich in place of Klindt, bit harsh to be dropped now.

You still haven’t actually read the press release have you?

• Like 4

Got my tickets for Sheffield away, think we will get hammered, but stopping in hotel, so will have a good night whatever the result.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

No Hans Andersen at P&P,  

He shouldn't need to practice at the showground, he has done enough laps round there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, proud panther said:

He shouldn't need to practice at the showground, he has done enough laps round there.

He has ridden in Denmark the last two nights as well, should be race fit next week.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

He has ridden in Denmark the last two nights as well, should be race fit next week.

Exactly.

With Peterborough going well at the minute with hopefully playoffs looking likely, would it be wise to swap Jordan palin out with another rising star ? Say Leon flint ? I know it’s all about giving youth a chance and showing them the way etc but when it comes to winning the title we need a decent reserve pair not just a number 6 who’s flying with no one to back up ….. anyway ostergaard will end up no1 at this rate. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

With Peterborough going well at the minute with hopefully playoffs looking likely, would it be wise to swap Jordan palin out with another rising star ? Say Leon flint ? I know it’s all about giving youth a chance and showing them the way etc but when it comes to winning the title we need a decent reserve pair not just a number 6 who’s flying with no one to back up ….. anyway ostergaard will end up no1 at this rate. 

Flint and several others would have to give up another team spot (likely NDL) to take a rising star spot. For that they would receive the 'standard' points money which won't be too dissimilar to the NDL money's and be scoring far fewer points so financially its not a good move. With Wolves already making noises about pulling out the top league is far from secure and dropping a lower league that has lower overheads also makes little sense. I do think there will be sneaky changes just prior to the cut off but they won't be happening yet

Palin looked considerably better on his 2nd home match than his first and has also improved for Scunthorpe so is going in the right direction...give him a chance.

5 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Palin looked considerably better on his 2nd home match than his first and has also improved for Scunthorpe so is going in the right direction...give him a chance.

Agreed

12 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Jordan has great potential. One season as a 15 year old where he averaged just ove 9. Good racer.

He will need time to progress in this division.Perseverance is the key here

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Jordan has great potential. One season as a 15 year old where he averaged just ove 9. Good racer.

He will need time to progress in this division.Perseverance is the key here

I 100% agree perseverance is key and I’m sure he will be a great rider in time, but this year if Peterborough make the playoffs I think they need someone stronger to face the likes of Brennan, I like how Dan Gilkes is going, he seems to be getting a lot more press and interest for team gb than palin 

5 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I 100% agree perseverance is key and I’m sure he will be a great rider in time, but this year if Peterborough make the playoffs I think they need someone stronger to face the likes of Brennan, I like how Dan Gilkes is going, he seems to be getting a lot more press and interest for team gb than palin 

The rising star system is pointless if you aren’t going to protect their position in the team and look to replace them if not going so well or a better option comes along. It’s supposed to be a long term view to produce good riders to represent GB so ditching one after a few meetings because it may improve your play off chances is daft. 

• Like 3