British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

2 hours ago, Sully said:

The rising star system is pointless if you aren’t going to protect their position in the team and look to replace them if not going so well or a better option comes along. It’s supposed to be a long term view to produce good riders to represent GB so ditching one after a few meetings because it may improve your play off chances is daft. 

Not really. The rising star system is about giving opportunities to the best young riders.

Why should Palin keep his position ahead of another young rider who is better?

Quality over quantity should be the mantra.

It is not hard to understand how fickle speedway fans are in the last several posts.

The amount of posts made by several of the last posters indicate a potential knowledge and understanding of how speedway works.

But hey stupid, I tell myself, same old criticism ethics that are in general life today.

If posters had their way, by end of the season all the rising stars in the programme would be gone as the posters would have demanded the next one to be slayed.

Slay them early so the next one can visit the guillotine........................eventually no one is left.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Not really. The rising star system is about giving opportunities to the best young riders.

Why should Palin keep his position ahead of another young rider who is better?

Quality over quantity should be the mantra.

You must be related to the Horton's to come out with the Crepe you spout on such a regular basis

• Like 1

Hi guys 

Il be travelling  up to the showground  on the 21st  June. A track I love to watch speedway on plus the burgers lol. Always a good meeting with the witches. Can you pay on the gate or is it tickets  only . Many thanks adrian

19 hours ago, ADRIAN said:

Hi guys 

Il be travelling  up to the showground  on the 21st  June. A track I love to watch speedway on plus the burgers lol. Always a good meeting with the witches. Can you pay on the gate or is it tickets  only . Many thanks adrian

I think they announced last week that you can now pay at the gate... check out their website

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think they announced last week that you can now pay at the gate... check out their website

That was because on-line sales were low (possibly because the meeting was expected to be on TV),  I wouldn’t rely on that happening again especially for a local derby.

When is Ostergaard likely to step into the main body of the team?

27 minutes ago, Flappy said:

When is Ostergaard likely to step into the main body of the team?

New greensheets will come in 1 July and I suspect Harris will replace him at reserve. 

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

New greensheets will come in 1 July and I suspect Harris will replace him at reserve. 

Not a bad reserve to have providing he's sorted his bike issues out 

I like the effort Palin is putting in and he has speed..but I can't help thinking B.Vue are going to reap the rewards of him spending a season at reserve for us..which kind of makes a mockery of the rising star thing...if he is not going to stay at the club. It's like doing an apprenticeship and then leaving the company once your qualified..the company gains nothing in that case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I like the effort Palin is putting in and he has speed..but I can't help thinking B.Vue are going to reap the rewards of him spending a season at reserve for us..which kind of makes a mockery of the rising star thing...if he is not going to stay at the club. It's like doing an apprenticeship and then leaving the company once your qualified..the company gains nothing in that case.

Their are no guarantees in speedway but he seems to be enjoying himself and he is improving week on week so let’s wait and see.

Palin looks tentative on the bike for me. Not saying he should be replaced or anything but he clearly has speed just gets eaten up

4 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Harris at reserve would be ridiculous. It would be unfair on the other teams.

If his average says so, then what is there to moan about.