British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

51 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

We are pretty stuffed then tbh...at the start of the season most would be happy with BWD or Tungate in for Ully but not for the new 2021 beast he has become..

Many had reservations about Ulrich when he was signed for 2020 but this 2021 season it was Tungate  who didn't want the UK and as for Ulrich it wasn't a choice of him or BWD it was Nicholls or BWD due to the points limit , going on past performances Ulrich was a gamble but it paid off bigtime for Peterborough and also for Glasgow as he started there season on a sub 6 think it was 5.98ish average ,when you see his average of 7.09 and Harris on 5.81 shows how compact the Panthers team is, but on the flip side his 7.09 average (maybe slightly higher for August) you cant find a big hitter who would replace him with his average and scoring potential . 

Tungate can get some decent scores and does fit   ,  but hes prone to being very inconsistent ride to ride let alone match to match .

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I'd take Tungate happily, he never let us down 

Oh really

I think Guests & RR could do us rather well to be fair.

Edited by bigcatdiary

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

£2,500 raised in a collection for Ulrich today at Glasgow.

In his short time at Glasgow we have really taken to him speedy recovery hopefully, both teams could be doing with him back sooner rather than later.

Excellent effort

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I'd take Tungate happily, he never let us down 

You're having an absolute madness. He couldn't win races in the NL at the moment

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Oh really

I think Guests & RR could do us rather well to be fair.

Hes a throttle jockey all speed no skill. ok around showground and NSS but forget him on smaller tracks

22 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Bewley won't be cheap. Because Belle Vue got their stadium funded by the council, they are able to pay their riders a lot more.

really, Belle Vue run on a tight budget, BK owned up to accepting less money than other clubs were offering him, because he wanted to ride the NSS as his home track.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Many had reservations about Ulrich when he was signed for 2020 but this 2021 season it was Tungate  who didn't want the UK and as for Ulrich it wasn't a choice of him or BWD it was Nicholls or BWD due to the points limit , going on past performances Ulrich was a gamble but it paid off bigtime for Peterborough and also for Glasgow as he started there season on a sub 6 think it was 5.98ish average ,when you see his average of 7.09 and Harris on 5.81 shows how compact the Panthers team is, but on the flip side his 7.09 average (maybe slightly higher for August) you cant find a big hitter who would replace him with his average and scoring potential . 

Tungate can get some decent scores and does fit   ,  but hes prone to being very inconsistent ride to ride let alone match to match .

If it goes up a smidge, then Kildemand would fit.  Think he has fallen out with his Swedish club too? 

30 minutes ago, hyderd said:

really, Belle Vue run on a tight budget, BK owned up to accepting less money than other clubs were offering him, because he wanted to ride the NSS as his home track.

What you mean like Fricke and Lidsey.

Yeah right.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Noodles said:

If it goes up a smidge, then Kildemand would fit.  Think he has fallen out with his Swedish club too? 

Would be ideal 

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Would be ideal 

Hardly any delays at showground  this season  killer takes more dives than Bruno pernandes 

10 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Hardly any delays at showground  this season  killer takes more dives than Bruno pernandes 

"dives" :lol:

Think you'll find it's called a 'Tactically Exuberant Display of Contact' my friend ;)

22 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Klindt has been sacked by his Swedish club so does he fit?

No i don't think so. The Panthers top 6 GSA is 37.95 as of now. Limit is 35.50. Klindt finished 2019 on 7.43. He would make you about 38.29 if me calculations are right.

With out Ully you are 30.96. So i think you have 4.54 to replace him with? Maybe..

Neil Watson will be able to tell you :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No i don't think so. The Panthers top 6 GSA is 37.95 as of now. Limit is 35.50. Klindt finished 2019 on 7.43. He would make you about 38.29 if me calculations are right.

With out Ully you are 30.96. So i think you have 4.54 to replace him with. 

Neil Watson will be able to tell you :t:

You can replace like for like you don't have to align with team building average if like for like 

• Like 2