British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

Hans Andersen stays at reserve for September on 6.20 average

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Tobiasz Musielak  6.21

That's a very good shout, he's top of the 2nd division averages in Poland.

He's ahead of some very good riders.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Flappy said:

To fit in with the dads army theme who's the oldest riders on the speedway circuit this year?

Charlie Venegas is still racing in the USA, aged 54.
He was around a 5 and a half point man last time he raced here a few years back in 97. Surely must have improved with all the extra experience since then :rolleyes:
Or there's Bart Bast who is the same age. He was only a 5 point man last time he was over in 89...but that's even more years of experience since his last UK spell so possibly an absolute bargain average :D

Edited by HenryW
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

Charlie Venegas is still racing in the USA, aged 54.
He was around a 5 and a half point man last time he raced here a few years back in 97. Surely must have improved with all the extra experience since then :rolleyes:
Or there's Bart Bast who is the same age. He was only a 5 point man last time he was over in 89...but that's even more years of experience since his last UK spell so possibly an absolute bargain average :D

You've overlooked Eddie Castro (aged 61) who is still a regular (including Ventura last Saturday).

Rune Holta (48 tomorrow) is probably the oldest who is racing at a serious professional level

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Rune Holta (48 tomorrow) is probably the oldest who is racing at a serious professional level

Yeah, he's got Piotr Protasiewicz by a couple of years...

If Palin was to miss next weeks meetings against Ipswich who can guest as the RS does it have to be another 1* as Peterborough started the season 0.99 under the permitted team limit , 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

If Palin was to miss next weeks meetings against Ipswich who can guest as the RS does it have to be another 1* as Peterborough started the season 0.99 under the permitted team limit , 

If it is a broken collarbone for Palin I would say that Panthers may look at making a signing, Unfortunately the two best 1* options Dan Gilkes and Dan Thompson are unlikely to want to join Peterborough as they would have to drop the NL with both their teams still in with a chance of winning the league 

34 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Just officially sign a 3 or 4* option ......

I would suggest Josh Bates and then just use any guest you want ;)

• Haha 2

I would have said signing a rider knowing he won’t turn out for you and getting facility wouldn’t be allowed, but then I remembered Nicoli Klindt. 

The other ray of light is rules could be set, re-written, then re-written again all within the space of a few weeks. The final re-write may benefit you? 

The final ray of light is they could just set a rule but make an exception for Peterborough as they have done with the tyres. 

As an aside does anyone know how we are doing attracting more fans and big ticket sponsors?

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just officially sign a 3 or 4* option ......

I would suggest Josh Bates and then just use any guest you want ;)

I read the regulations that any RS rider can guest for Jordan, not just a 1* rider.

From 12.3.1 In the event a Rising Star is absent, with a facility permitted, he can be replaced by;
i. any guest rider from the Rising Star list, of that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating or below

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I read the regulations that any RS rider can guest for Jordan, not just a 1* rider.

From 12.3.1 In the event a Rising Star is absent, with a facility permitted, he can be replaced by;
i. any guest rider from the Rising Star list, of that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating or below

I read that as he can only be replaced by a 1* guest?

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

In the Championship you can use a 3* rising star to replace a missing 1*, as long as you had space to fit a 3* in your original team declaration.

Several teams have taken advantage of this during the year.

Obviously, this being speedway, it doesn't mean that rules will be the same in the higher league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Noodles said:

…that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating… 

Peterborough were permitted to choose a 4* RS rider initially, but chose not to.

Like so many rules, open to interpretation

• Like 3