British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

2 minutes ago, HenryW said:

In the Championship you can use a 3* rising star to replace a missing 1*, as long as you had space to fit a 3* in your original team declaration.

Several teams have taken advantage of this during the year.

Obviously, this being speedway, it doesn't mean that rules will be the same in the higher league.

Panthers have never had any favours by MC so if palins out for a few weeks don’t expect them to gain from it 

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

…that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating… 

Peterborough were permitted to choose a 4* RS rider initially, but chose not to.

Like so many rules, open to interpretation

Ah I see l, thanks for that. So we can have a guest or sign a replacement up to 4*? 

Edited by Noodles

So for Ipswich away we could book Flint but expect Wolves will block that 

Edited by scoobydoo

Bjarne Pedersen missing next 2 Plymouth fixtures due to illness 

1 hour ago, ouch said:

I would have said signing a rider knowing he won’t turn out for you and getting facility wouldn’t be allowed, but then I remembered Nicoli Klindt. 

The other ray of light is rules could be set, re-written, then re-written again all within the space of a few weeks. The final re-write may benefit you? 

The final ray of light is they could just set a rule but make an exception for Peterborough as they have done with the tyres. 

As an aside does anyone know how we are doing attracting more fans and big ticket sponsors?

Poole got a facility for a rider who hadnt even ridden in the Uk before and eventually was replaced again but thats Pooles set of rules not everyone elses

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Josh Pickering guesting tonight for Plymouth and Scott Nicholls guesting  onTuesday

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hes been a bit off during his matches this week so maybe the reason has come out now

35 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

…that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating… 

Peterborough were permitted to choose a 4* RS rider initially, but chose not to.

Like so many rules, open to interpretation

Indeed and in this case 1 rule covering 2 leagues that had differing criteria in team composition!!

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed and in this case 1 rule covering 2 leagues that had differing criteria in team composition!!

It appears they have, I have been told this afternoon we can use any rising star to replace Palin ( should it be needed) 

Mr Watson was indeed correct.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It appears they have, I have been told this afternoon we can use any rising star to replace Palin ( should it be needed) 

Mr Watson was indeed correct.

As we should be able to given we built the team under limit 

28 minutes ago, Flappy said:

As we should be able to given we built the team under limit 

A team's RS grading has nothing to do with the declared points limit for the top 6 - each PL team was permitted to build to 35.5 points and an RS of up to a 4* grading.

Was the transfer deadline today. ? If so I assume that means we haven’t found a replacement for ulrich. ? 

35 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Was the transfer deadline today. ? If so I assume that means we haven’t found a replacement for ulrich. ? 

Midnight tonight, effective 31st August. There could be a number of changes across both leagues that have been declared to the BSPL but not announced publicly.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, Flappy said:

Presumably Lawson will be too high by then 

He is as of the 1st of September.But you could use him at the EOES with the extra 5%.Although you could go down the Poole route and use an over averaged guest for Ostergaard in the P/Offs.

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

He is as of the 1st of September.But you could use him at the EOES with the extra 5%.Although you could go down the Poole route and use an over averaged guest for Ostergaard in the P/Offs.

Danny King’s average from 1st September rules him out home and away. There are few options for guests for the play-offs if a signing doesn’t materialise.

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo