Isnt Peterborough's future destined to be an housing estate 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, Mick Bratley said:

. . . . . Not anymore.

Mick Bratley's responce in June to my post concerning the track 

Edited by scoobydoo

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Mick Bratley's responce in June to my post concerning the track 

it says the agreement with the new company was only anounced last week though

Enjoy it while you can. The redevelopment of the Showground in whatever form it takes is pretty inevitable as has been known for a few years now.

The chances of the speedway track surviving any redevelopment must be minimal 

33 minutes ago, stevehone said:

it says the agreement with the new company was only anounced last week though

It also states the Arena has a big future in the redevelopment plans the Arena is the Grandstand and Track hence the change of name to East of England Arena as far as i see it

36 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

It also states the Arena has a big future in the redevelopment plans the Arena is the Grandstand and Track hence the change of name to East of England Arena as far as i see it

Very true. I've often thought with another stand the venue could host many other events

3 hours ago, flagrag said:

Unfortunately that does not sound good for the future past 2023, I don’t like the working about keeping the events arena and conference facilities I have a feeling they mean just the indoors section and the speedway track and grandstand will become housing and retail. If this work all goes ahead then this will rule out the showground being used for large events like Truckfest,The motorcycles events and big camping events 

This years Truckfest was the last I have been told but I understand that speedway is confirmed for at least another 3 years and possibly longer.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The Arena is the large indoor event centre to the south of the Grandstand.

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I will be writing to my local MP,  Paul Bristow.

I suggest everyone does the same.

The showground falls into the constituency of Shailesh Vara, the Conservative MP for North West Cambridgeshire. https://members.parliament.uk/member/1496/contact

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

The Arena is the large indoor event centre to the south of the Grandstand.

Ok it was written as the Arena And Events Centre so thought they were classing them seperate but obviously they were talking about the indoor building only then

be interesting to see if Palin is fit for the P/Os, think he might be giving the U19 final a go on Friday

Just wondered how much longer it would be before the showground site finally succumbed to  a housing estate. Every time I have visited Alwalton the houses seem ever closer to the speedway track.  Assume leisure facilities will include a gym to satisfy the planners. Local council will promise that the speedway track must be retained as part of thier planning permission and cannot be removed . Ah sound familar Rye House fans, Swindon fans ???

Nobody in thier right mind will be building a housing estate with a speedway track in their backyard - it will devalue the potential sale price of the housing.  Money talks.

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

This years Truckfest was the last I have been told but I understand that speedway is confirmed for at least another 3 years and possibly longer.

Live Promotions Events are advertising the 40th Anniversary Truckfest at the East of England Showground Peterborough from 30th of April to the 2nd of May 2022. 

55 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

Live Promotions Events are advertising the 40th Anniversary Truckfest at the East of England Showground Peterborough from 30th of April to the 2nd of May 2022. 

Yes, they are at the moment...

https://www.truckfest.co.uk/truckfest-2022/