Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

i've been an advocate of one league. But, ironically, don't you need more riders to fill all the teams in one league as opposed to riders doubling up in two?

You are right that we would need more riders for one league.Maybe they could promote some from the National League(youngsters) to double up into the one league.They would get more rides and a bit of experience against riders that should be better than them at this stage in their careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gazzac said:

You're right unfortunately, only way it would work would be with less teams than the premiership and championship combined, obviously hope not, but the pandemic could facilitate one league if some don't reopen next season.

One league with less teams and possibly a North / South split league to reduce travel , semi finals and then a Grand final  , teams would have to run with a lower team limit and perhaps reserves would need  be two youngsters , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Could be a major blow to the Panthers with the news that Tungate has signed for a Danish club, with him already signed for a Polish and Swedish club this would rule him out of Panthers plans unless changes are made to where riders can ride.

He didn't want to ride last year & had to have his arm bent.  Even if rules allowed I wouldn't expect top see him in the team next year anyway. Would be happy to see BWD slot back in with or without a reduced points limit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

One league with less teams and possibly a North / South split league to reduce travel , semi finals and then a Grand final  , teams would have to run with a lower team limit and perhaps reserves would need  be two youngsters , 

It is possible to find enough riders for just one Division but it would certainly be of a much lower standard. National League riders would have to be brought in and lesser known available Europeans would have to be sought.  Another issue would be by restricting riders to be only allowed to have one  source of income which could result in some  not being willing to ride for less money.  Even so I would like to see just the one league  with perhaps more competitions being brought back  to allow riders to replace some of their reduced earnings.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

It is possible to find enough riders for just one Division but it would certainly be of a much lower standard. National League riders would have to be brought in and lesser known available Europeans would have to be sought.  Another issue would be by restricting riders to be only allowed to have one  source of income which could result in some  not being willing to ride for less money.  Even so I would like to see just the one league  with perhaps more competitions being brought back  to allow riders to replace some of their reduced earnings.

But almost by definition lesser known Europeans wouldn't qualify for work permits.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 12:40 AM, KeirStarmerFan said:

From my observations of watching the Polish league, I would get rid of Iversen.

Bring in Sayfudinov or Grigory Laguta. 

I think both of the above would suit the Showground track.

Are you on drugs:rofl:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 9:22 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

Another maximum for Grigory Laguta today.

He is made for the Showground track.

Out of interest, anyone know if he has ridden at Peterborough?

Tell your a labour supporter:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 6:20 PM, Warriors said:

Tell your a labour supporter:lol:

What does "tell your a labour supporter" mean?

Edited by HackneyHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former club manager Dale Allitt, working in an advisory capacity, said: “Whatever happens with the outcome of the AGM, I am confident Peterborough will have a side more than capable of challenging for the top four.''

As things stand, 4th would currently be 3rd from bottom...:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest news on ET website is No Iversen or Tungate for Panthers in 2021 and each Premiership & Championship team will include one rider from a pool of youngsters introduced to each team presumably at no 7.

The story is by Nigel Pearson.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Latest news on ET website is No Iversen or Tungate for Panthers in 2021 and each Premiership & Championship team will include one rider from a pool of youngsters introduced to each team presumably at no 7.

The story is by Nigel Pearson.

 

What about Hans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellis 6.49, Scott 5.50, Hans 5.79, Bellego 5.80, Harris 6.30, BWD 5.47 = 35.35. 

Not sure on availability for Hans or Bellego, I think it will be a case of wait and see on all fronts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

Ellis 6.49, Scott 5.50, Hans 5.79, Bellego 5.80, Harris 6.30, BWD 5.47 = 35.35. 

Not sure on availability for Hans or Bellego, I think it will be a case of wait and see on all fronts. 

Is that a Premiership or Championship line-up? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lefty said:

Is that a Premiership or Championship line-up? :rolleyes:

Agreed. Be interesting what ticket prices will be this year... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy