British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

33 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Danny King’s average from 1st September rules him out hone and away. There are few options for guests for the play-offs if a signing doesn’t materialise.

There maybe a few options for guests but imo King and Lawson were very suitable to replace Ostergaard as it stood all season until next Month and maybe the crunch October.I would stick with R/R if Lawson's and King's average didn't reduce sufficiently to be able to guest.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

There maybe a few options for guests but imo King and Lawson were very suitable to replace Ostergaard as it stood all season until next Month and maybe the crunch October.I would stick with R/R if Lawson's and King's average didn't reduce sufficiently to be able to guest.

R/R is too much to expect from riders and machines 

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Only one extra ride each.Rob is an astute manager I'm sure he would manage it so riders don't get 3 rides on the trot or something like that.I know they are dad's army but they would cope.An extra ride each will boost their pension pots:P

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

??

They pretty much all double up and guest as much as is humanely possible to get as many rides as they can... :D

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Thomas Jorgensen?

Not as consistent as King or Lawson especially away from the NA.Same with a few others from Lynn or Ipswich.Imo if Peterborough haven't signed anyone,then come the play offs the safest option would be R/R unless King or Lawson's average has come down again which again doesn't look likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

??

They pretty much all double up and guest as much as is humanely possible to get as many rides as they can... :D

If one rider has an off night using R/R you are struggling

18 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Or someone picks up an injury early in the meeting. A seven man team is a must in the play-offs imo...

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If you have seven riders and two have an off night you are struggling..

Because that's sport..

Being allowed to bring in competitors from other teams on a "ringer" basis  has no place in a proper sport...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Not as consistent as King or Lawson especially away from the NA.Same with a few others from Lynn or Ipswich.Imo if Peterborough haven't signed anyone,then come the play offs the safest option would be R/R unless King or Lawson's average has come down again which again doesn't look likely.

Richards average goes up from 6.79 to 7.39 on Sept 1st.:blink:

King's up from 7.10 to 7.46 at the same time.

R/R i think

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Richards average goes up from 6.79 to 7.39 on Sept 1st.:blink:

King's up from 7.10 to 7.46 at the same time.

R/R i think

That's why i said it's unlikely that King or Lawson's average will come down again in time for the play offs which is mainly in October,unless they are in the semi final 1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That's why i said it's unlikely that King or Lawson's average will come down again in time for the play offs which is mainly in October,unless they are in the semi final 1.

I only skimmed the post. Sorry :t:

• Like 1

Will be able to assess Crump at the showground in the upcoming lge match to see if he fits in with the Dads Army criteria .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

If you have seven riders and two have an off night you are struggling..

Because that's sport..

Being allowed to bring in competitors from other teams on a "ringer" basis  has no place in a proper sport...

Agree you should have 7 of your own riders. I don't want guests for the play offs

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Agree you should have 7 of your own riders. I don't want guests for the play offs

Trying to sign a decent 7pt rider with all the restrictions the polish league has put on riders is near impossible…, they might have pulled  a rabbit out of hat tho