British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, OGT said:

Fag Ash Lil must be getting worried. 

You definitely can't say fag these days:rofl:

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:02 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Black Lives Matter should have been All Lives Matter, everyone is equal.

Completely missed the whole point of this  :-(

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:14 PM, iainb said:

Capture1.JPG.f10a1b3a8eed2bb507749fec27eb1b26.JPG

The commemorative battle of Sedgemoor race jacket :rofl:

Thats a carbon copy of the 1977 White City race jacket. Way back in 2000 I always thought the "rebels" nickname was a reference to the Duke of Monmouth's rebellion and the following battle of Sedgemoor in 1688 but if you look into the rebellion and what happened to the Duke and his followers you would hardly want to celebrate it.  I don't have any issue with the Confederate flag or "Old Dixie". Anyone that takes offence at it or thinks that it is racist needs to get back to the holes they came from.   

Edited by JamesHarris
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Thats a carbon copy of the 1977 White City race jacket. Way back in 2000 I always thought the "rebels" nickname was a reference to the Duke of Monmouth's rebellion and the following battle of Sedgemoor in 1688 but if you look into the rebellion and what happened to the Duke and his followers you would hardly want to celebrate it.  I don't have any issue with the Confederate flag or "Old Dixie". Anyone that takes offence at it or thinks that it is racist needs to get back to the holes they came from.   

hear hear

38 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, JamesHarris said:

As a City "Rebels" fan I've looked at the Somerset jacket and thought that something wasn't quite right and then it clicked...the rider depicted is facing the other way!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, bruno said:

Imagine if speedway crowds took the knee, most would never get back up again

24 likes and laughs .. made me crack up . got to be the post of the year . 

31 minutes ago, orion said:

24 likes and laughs .. made me crack up . got to be the post of the year . 

It would have been 25 but Bruno is a Cradley fan :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

The Confederate flag was used to represent those people who agreed and fought to keep slavery in America. It is still used today by white supremacist groups who wish to treat people who are not white as unequal second class human beings so I for one do have an issue with the use of this flag. Times have changed and we need to treat all people with respect. The European equivalent of the Confederate Flag is the Nazi swastika. Is it ok to fly Nazi flags at speedway meetings?

1 hour ago, Paddi said:

Times have changed and we need to treat all people with respect. 

certainly doesn't seem to be any from certain politicians that like to play the race card at every opportunity

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

As a City "Rebels" fan I've looked at the Somerset jacket and thought that something wasn't quite right and then it clicked...the rider depicted is facing the other way!

I can't see it... doesn't it matter which side of the rider you are standing? My brain can't take it :drink:

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

I can't see it... doesn't it matter which side of the rider you are standing? My brain can't take it :drink:

I thought that they had just lifted the White City jacket but they had the rider facing the other way...like you it seemed an odd choice for a race jacket for Somerset although I'm not questioning the nickname.

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I thought that they had just lifted the White City jacket but they had the rider facing the other way...like you it seemed an odd choice for a race jacket for Somerset although I'm not questioning the nickname.

Oh... I get it now, the rider from Somerset is going from left to right, White City right to left.

And it looks like the rider is dressed as a confederate soldier...

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/London White City.htm

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Oh... I get it now, the rider from Somerset is going from left to right, White City right to left.

And it looks like the rider is dressed as a confederate soldier...

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/London White City.htm

Perhaps it was a copyright issue! :neutral:

12 hours ago, Paddi said:

The Confederate flag was used to represent those people who agreed and fought to keep slavery in America. It is still used today by white supremacist groups who wish to treat people who are not white as unequal second class human beings so I for one do have an issue with the use of this flag. Times have changed and we need to treat all people with respect. The European equivalent of the Confederate Flag is the Nazi swastika. Is it ok to fly Nazi flags at speedway meetings?

What utter nonsense. You have fallen for the leftie propaganda by the sound of it. Old Dixie is a part of Southern heritage. To compare it to the Nazi swastika is both pathetic and ignorant. The only people the flag offends is snowflakes. I once talked to a black American on holiday who was from Alabama. I asked him about the Confederate flag and his reply was it was part of southern heritage and he even had one on his porch (the BBC would never tell you that). I was actually amazed at that but he told me the only people who have an issue with it are Liberals with an agenda. 

• Like 1