British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

What utter nonsense. You have fallen for the leftie propaganda by the sound of it. Old Dixie is a part of Southern heritage. To compare it to the Nazi swastika is both pathetic and ignorant. The only people the flag offends is snowflakes. I once talked to a black American on holiday who was from Alabama. I asked him about the Confederate flag and his reply was it was part of southern heritage and he even had one on his porch (the BBC would never tell you that). I was actually amazed at that but he told me the only people who have an issue with it are Liberals with an agenda. 

The swastika was originally a religious symbol. Things can change. 

1 minute ago, Ben91 said:

And still is. You will see it everywhere in most Hindu and Buddhist countries. 

18 hours ago, Paddi said:

The Confederate flag was used to represent those people who agreed and fought to keep slavery in America. It is still used today by white supremacist groups who wish to treat people who are not white as unequal second class human beings so I for one do have an issue with the use of this flag. Times have changed and we need to treat all people with respect. The European equivalent of the Confederate Flag is the Nazi swastika. Is it ok to fly Nazi flags at speedway meetings?

Your avtar is one of Hull Vikings. Slavery was an important part of the Norse economy I those times. Similarly, are we going to ban Poole Pirates because the Barbary Pirates were slave traders ?

How far are these analogies going to go ?These are Speedway teams for goodness sake not political rallies. People’s political , religious or racial outlooks are not governed by which speedway team they support.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

And still is. You will see it everywhere in most Hindu and Buddhist countries. 

Indeed. The connotations in the west have changed however since the Nazi party picked it up. 

I think the main issue here is more people getting offended on behalf of other people than anything else.

Somerset made a smart business move because some people will be offended or complain about it because they need to have something to complain about. Whatever way you want to look at it they’ve saved themselves potential criticism and a headache. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Your avtar is one of Hull Vikings. Slavery was an important part of the Norse economy I those times. Similarly, are we going to ban Poole Pirates because the Barbary Pirates were slave traders ?

How far are these analogies going to go ?These are Speedway teams for goodness sake not political rallies. People’s political , religious or racial outlooks are governed by which speedway team they support.

Spot on mate. 

17 hours ago, Lefty said:

It would have been 25 but Bruno is a Cradley fan :D

I did follow the Wolves from late 90s till 2009, home and away as well. In 2009 after losing at Swindon I came out the stadium really annoyed and realised I'd turned into a wolf. Then it was announced we were back so I was saved or so I thought. I still went to watch Wolves while we were back and now we've gone again what's going to happen to me . Hoowwwwellllll. Oh god here we go again ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

What utter nonsense. You have fallen for the leftie propaganda by the sound of it. Old Dixie is a part of Southern heritage. To compare it to the Nazi swastika is both pathetic and ignorant. The only people the flag offends is snowflakes. I once talked to a black American on holiday who was from Alabama. I asked him about the Confederate flag and his reply was it was part of southern heritage and he even had one on his porch (the BBC would never tell you that). I was actually amazed at that but he told me the only people who have an issue with it are Liberals with an agenda. 

One token black man does not necessarily represent the views of 47 million black americans! It is neither pathetic or ignorant to compare flags. The far right in Germany even today claim that they should fly swastikas because it it is their heritage. Calling people out just because they have expressed an opinion which is different to yours does not exactly make you or your opinion any better.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ben91 said:

And still is, the Germans just turned it around and pointed it the other way

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Third Man said:

And still is, the Germans just turned it around and pointed it the other way

Don't mention the war... I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it