British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

58 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Is there a website where i could view the squads for the rest of 2020 for  the swedish league? tia

Look at the right thread and you'll find all you need starting on Page 1.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Is there a website where i could view the squads for the rest of 2020 for  the swedish league? tia

Lots of links in the post below. Svemo will have the teams but due to shortened season
all team have to re-negotiate contracts so team listed are not correct yet.

Wow... there's a real lack of British riders there. I would have expected to have seen a few more names amongst that lot

I've had confirmation from Stay Live, who operate ESS Play that their coverage of Swedish speedway is available internationally, unlike the Polish matches. 

So, for SEK 189 (about £15-16) you can watch twenty matches in August alone, with the final three rounds (12 matches) of the regular season matches along with the play-offs in September, with the final slipping into October so it should only take three payments to watch the whole if truncated season. 

They have promised that if reception is ever blocked outside Sweden they will refund subscriptions to those affected. So, bear in mind the coverage is 'on 'demand', not live, and Poland isn't included. 

Subscription details are here: . 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/play

It's a simple operation with excellent customer support in English

Edited by RobMcCaffery

So I presume the upshot of all this is that the only way to view Swedish Speedway this year, is to subscribe to a pay to view channel?  No Swedish Speedway on Freesport then?

8 minutes ago, Bunce said:

So I presume the upshot of all this is that the only way to view Swedish Speedway this year, is to subscribe to a pay to view channel?  No Swedish Speedway on Freesport then?

Not necessarily- the main match that Premier will show every Tuesday and Thursday is likely to be little rivered(Phil does not like me using the proper word) There is a chance that the Swedish coverage of the same match will also be available. I don`t think Premier have ruled out showing the odd match on Freesports.

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I've had confirmation from Stay Live, who operate ESS Play that their coverage of Swedish speedway is available internationally, unlike the Polish matches. 

So, for SEK 189 (about £15-16) you can watch twenty matches in August alone, with the final three rounds (12 matches) of the regular season matches along with the play-offs in September, with the final slipping into October so it should only take three payments to watch the whole if truncated season. 

They have promised that if reception is ever blocked outside Sweden they will refund subscriptions to those affected. So, bear in mind the coverage is 'on 'demand', not live, and Poland isn't included. 

Subscription details are here: . 

https://www.elitspeedway.com/play

It's a simple operation with excellent customer support in English

Just renewed- roll on  next Wednesday when i will start watching.

4 hours ago, Bunce said:

It must be stressed that ESS Play is now an additional service to the main TV deals which allow CMore to cover speedway in Sweden and in turn sell an international version to Premier/Freesports. The ESS Play coverage is not live and to me it will be a case of watching the main match on Premier or Freesports then the other three later online. 

ESS Play in no way interferes with Premier/Freesports' coverage. In fact last year when there was no TV deal in Sweden ESS Play instead sold a match a week to Premier/Freesports. 

As to whether the matches are on Premier or Freesports, it looks like the matches will be shown live on Premier with a repeat on Freesports a couple of days later.

I hope this clarifies. 

The TV matches for the 1st 4 rounds have been confirmed- these are 4 camera productions and are broadcast on C More Sport and Premier Sport at 6pm UK time. the other 3 matches per round( 1 camera) are on C More`s other channels.

round 1 Tuesday August 11th Vetlanda v Dackarna

round 2 Thursday August 13th Masarna v Indianerna

round 3 Tuesday August 18th Vastervik v Vetlanda

round 4 Thursday August 20th Indianerna v lejonen

• Thanks 1

I have VPN for security reasons and have been delighted to find that if I change my location to Sweden you can watch everything live including the Polish meetings in HD which gives me the entire 'catalogue' of speedway this year for 189SEK a month. I have Polish TV anyway but it's cool to have access to everything. We truly are being spoilt this year with 8 meetings a week from Poland alone and now all the Swedish ones on top. In a year where our domestic speedway has been destroyed. It shows it can be done if you plan properly. Even with a COVD positive test Poland carried on and a week later were back at full capacity. You have to admire the Poles that's for sure!

Edited by Losthammer

19 minutes ago, Losthammer said:

I have VPN for security reasons and have been delighted to find that if I change my location to Sweden you can watch everything live including the Polish meetings in HD which gives me the entire 'catalogue' of speedway this year for 189SEK a month. I have Polish TV anyway but it's cool to have access to everything. We truly are being spoilt this year with 8 meetings a week from Poland alone and now all the Swedish ones on top. In a year where our domestic speedway has been destroyed. It shows it can be done if you plan properly. Even with a COVD positive test Poland carried on and a week later were back at full capacity. You have to admire the Poles that's for sure!

The lower infection rate which allowed crowds to be re-admitted was an amazing achievement by the Polish promoters. Are you sure you'll get all the Polish matches? 

Those line-ups contain only one Pole (Adrian Gala - the man who rode in Vladisvostok and Vastervik on consequtive days last season) and just three foreigners averaging over six (= CRA of 1.50).

Highest averaged rider appearing in round 1 is Ukranian Andrey Karpov (1.846). Only two other foreigners (Lambert & Fricke) and the top 4 Swedes (but no Fast Freddie) exceed a 1.50 CRA.

With plans to restart the DSL stalled it looks like an opportunity for a lot of young Danes (e.g. Mads Hansen, Marcus Birkemose) to make their mark.

Expect Phillip Hellstrom-Bangs to shine.

• Like 1