British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

I think I’ve just watched the most dangerous sport in the world, in the break they showed nascar pit lane footage, nevermind what happens on the track the pits look like total carnage 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

NASCAR pit action is diabolical. High risk. They should follow F1 for safety.

Good race there.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Nasty crash in Målilla. Joel Larsson goes down and Thorssell cannot avoid him completely and hits Joel or Joels bike.
Ambulance on track and ambulance staff takes out a small vacuum madras, possibly a fractured arm/leg.

Bangs looks a great prospect, he reminds me of Mark Loram when he first started out.

• Like 1

Just watched Dackarna v Piraterna and as Ghostie reported nasty crash in heat 9. Kildemand had Jakobsen off in heat 11 luckily Jakobsen was ok. Not over enamoured with what i have seen this week- racing generally well spread out with the differing class of riders on view !! 

Yes it’s poor. Far worse than what we get in the U.K. where teams are better balanced. A shame but just better than nothing.

The biggest disaster is TV coverage. Graphics with no rider changes at all. Terrible from this point of view when you know who rode after results appear on site. 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it’s poor. Far worse than what we get in the U.K. where teams are better balanced. A shame but just better than nothing.

Really?

Top 2 - Poole 52, Swindon 50.

Bottom - 2 KL 31, Peterborough 20

Top 2 - KL 53, Somerset 47.

Bottom 2 -Wolves 34, Leicester 23

Top 2 - Swindon 66, Wolves 63

Bottom 2 - KL 29, Leicester 27

Top 2 - BV 64, Poole 59

Bottom 2 - Coventry 33, Leicester 21

Top 2 - Poole 66, Coventry 61

Bottom 2 - Wolves 28, Lakeside 27

And that's with a max of just 8 teams per league in some seasons and seven in others..

And the same huge difference between top and bottom goes back regularly from 2015 ad nauseam..

Before every season when the teams are known,  the 'cannon fodder' gets predicted on here, and those predictions are very rarely wrong..

Some balanced league. .:D

Due to the special circumstances this season some teams, like Indianerna, have better riders signed but they may not be available. Indianerna have also decided to
primarily focus on giving their Swedish riders ride time. In Yesterday's meeting 5 of their riders are their own products. I think we will see closer scores once more
riders become available and each team can make 7 transfers during the first 75 percent of the series.

We move on to rounds 3 and 4 next Tuesday and Thursday.

Tuesday August 18th

Vastervik v Vetlanda  is main TV match

Dackarna v Indianerna

Lejonen v Rospiggarna

Piraterna v Masarna

Thursday August 20th

Indianerna v Lejonen is main TV match

Masarna v Dackarna

Vetlanda v Piraterna

Rospiggarna v Vastervik

Just watched Rospiggarna v Vetlanda and it`s taken a while but i now realise that the Hallstavik track does not produce good racing !! one decent tussle in heat 11 between Kurtz and Rasmus Jensen and that was about it. kurtz looked quick all night and scored 16 from 7- I reckon Lodz should start using him again.

Wow! What a prospect Philip Hellström Bängs looks... what do we know about him? How old is he, how long has he been riding, is he normally that good or was it just a flash in the pan. He seemed all action and was very animated in the pits also... and, erm, I'm not sure how to put this these days, but erm... is he a "rider of colour"? Just asking that's all:unsure:

Edited by iainb

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

Wow! What a prospect Philip Hellström Bängs looks... what do we know about him? How old is he, how long has he been riding, is he normally that good or was it just a flash in the pan. He seemed all action and was very animated in the pits also... and, erm, I'm not sure how to put this these days, but erm... is he a "rider of colour"? Just asking that's all:unsure:

He`s 17( March DOB) and he rode for Masarna last year and is improving fast. He rode  in youth speedway- 250 CC

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He`s 17( March DOB) and he rode for Masarna last year and is improving fast. He rode  in youth speedway- 250 CC

I can't remember being so impressed by a rider I've seen for the first time for a long time... be interesting to see how he goes away from Masarna