British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

Just now, iainb said:

I can't remember being so impressed by a rider I've seen for the first time for a long time... be interesting to see how he goes away from Masarna

He is also a squad member of Gniezno.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He is also a squad member of Gniezno.

Looks like he's been talent spotted already then, they're not in the Ekstaliga are they? Has he ridden for them yet?

Just now, iainb said:

Looks like he's been talent spotted already then, they're not in the Ekstaliga are they? Has he ridden for them yet?

E Winner league div 1 - no not yet.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

He is the rider the Ove Fundin mentioned in recent SS article,he has spent £130,000 for this season.!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

He`s 17( March DOB) and he rode for Masarna last year and is improving fast. He rode  in youth speedway- 250 CC

His last season at 250cc (2018) produced the following Division One record:

Matches 8   rides 30   points 90    average 3.00   

maximums all the way

• Like 2

Last of yesterday`s matches watched and Vastervik were totally outclassed at home by Lejonen- losing by 10 flattered them !!! Vastervik is one decent racetrack though. For Lejonen Tungate led the way with 14 from 5. For Vastervik Masters and mads Hansen scored double figures but didn`t really impress. Anton Karlsson is a rider i have always liked, he is still youngish and he scored 9. As Ghostie has posted there was a nasty high speed crash for Wahlqvist in heat 10- he crashed at the end of the home straight and hit the fence less than a metre before the air fence started.

Another very impressive performance was from young Dane Jonas Seifert-Salk who not only rode at number one for Piraterna at Dackarna but put in a heat leader's performance with 11 from 6, including two heat wins, scoring almost a third of the Pirates' total. He rides for Slangerup at home and Opole in Poland's League 2 and was runner-up in the 2018 European under-19 championship. Definitely an energing talent, he scored a full maximum in Slangerup's league opener last month. 

Hellstrom-Bangs i certainly on his way, but just needs a little more stability. Perhaps the format this year might help develop some Swedish talent even if the balance is very awkward.

I agree with r&r regarding racing. Malilla and Vastervik were good fun this week but racing was at a premium at too any tracks. Obviously this year's a compromise. Hopefully Bauhaus and CMore will respect this.

The comments about CMore's graphics are very accurate. For the main match to have even fewer graphics than the one camera productions was unacceptable. The picture quality from Avesta was very poor, especially in comparison to Malilla. In all four matches the majority of the nominated heats had no graphics. Only on the televised matches is it possible to watch the nominations so for the others you do have to rely on the Swedish commentators. You soon have to learn rod, bla, hvit and gul.......

It's expected though for the three support matches to be 'on the cheap', but not the main match. I've not been able to watch the Premier Sports version so I don't know how Dave coped but I can only recall a couple of races at best having a proper line up graphic. Earlier in the week when Adam Ellis stood in for Andrey Karpov for Piraterna on Tuesday, all graphics carried Karpov's name. 

These aren't complaints for whingeing's sake, just concerns, even if I am a payimg customer of ESS {Play. It's clear that graphics are being given up when matters become complicated. The whole production of the main match is way below the standard shown by CMore before their previous contract ended in 2018. 

As for the league, after the first week you are painfully aware that it is a compromise, with star riders coming and going, with bigger names in the squads not riding at all. It's a brave attempt to produce a season, and after all, it's speedway - better than most things you can do on a Tuesday or Thursday. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Tuesday`s TV match teams

Vastervik

1 Masters

2 Sundstrom

3 Doyle

4 Hansen

5 B Jensen

6 Karlsson

7 lindman

Vetlanda

1 Palovaara

2 Hartel

3 Kurtz

4 Hjelmand

5 Lyager

6 Woentin

Weather looks good for Tuesday, mostly sunny with only light clouds and around 20 degrees. 

This weeks matches

Tuesday August 18th

Vastervik v Vetlanda TV match

Lejonen v rospiggarna

Dackarna v Indianerna

Piraterna v Masarna

Thursday August 20th

Indianerna v Lejonen TV match

Vetlanda v Piraterna

Masarna v Dackarna

Rospiggarna v Vastervik

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Watkins said:

Sky box states  the meeting for tonight on TV is premier freeview ?

Freesports is showing recordings tonight- not tonights live action Vastervik v Vetlanda which is on Premier sport 2

Edited by racers and royals