British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

3 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Strange. They come up with no data, just the headings. I gave them plenty of time to load. The same happened last week. Not easy to post screen grabs here. 

When Ghostie posted i checked and they were also still there for me- as you say strange.

19 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

Dropkick Murphys playing on the stadium PA prior to start time at Vastervik! :D 

Typical Midland head-banger. It's all the heavy industry ;) 

Did you know Peterborough used to use "Don't  Fear The Reaper" as their parade music, so I'm told? Wonder why that got dropped? 

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

When Ghostie posted i checked and they were also still there for me- as you say strange.

If it happens tomorrow I'll try a screen grab, suitably compressed to avoid scaring Phil. 

8 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Did you know Peterborough used to use "Don't  Fear The Reaper" as their parade music, so I'm told? Wonder why that got dropped? 

Didn't know that you could drop that wasn't used? Don't recall that ever being used? It could have been but passed me by if it was. Would have been dropped pdq because it's crap in that context.

Last match watched Lejonen v Rospiggarna and probably the best racing from the round from the top 2 sides in the league.For the Gislaved oufit Lambert just dropped 2 poinys and had good back up from Klindt and Tungate with the latter not at his best. The visitors  tried hard with Rasmus Jensen the star with 15 from 6

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I do remember them playing "Know Your Enemy" by Green Day when the away team was paraded!

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Didn't know that you could drop that wasn't used? Don't recall that ever being used? It could have been but passed me by if it was. Would have been dropped pdq because it's crap in that context.

David Hawkins era. If it wasn't used then it can't be dropped of course. No need for the sarcasm. Sorry I didn't have time to survey the Panthers fans. I DID say "so I'm told". 

Hawkins used to spend his Sundays at Rye House, especially in the pub before the meeting, talking to old friends of mine. That's the source. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

11 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

David Hawkins era. If it wasn't used then it can't be dropped of course. No need for the sarcasm. Sorry I didn't have time to survey the Panthers fans. I DID say "so I'm told". 

Hawkins used to spend his Sundays at Rye House, especially in the pub before the meeting, talking to old friends of mine. That's the source. 

Ouch, must remember not to reply to you again :)

Panthers Hawkins' era was a pub operation so that bit computes anyway. I can't recall too much about the presentation. I can only remember meeting starts delayed as debts were allegedly being paid out of the night's gate receipts.

2 minutes ago, Dawkins20 said:

Any info about Pawlicki riding tonight for Masarna?

I haven't seen any info yet, but I don't think he will ride or he would have been in the preliminary lineup.

12 minutes ago, Dawkins20 said:

Any info about Pawlicki riding tonight for Masarna?

according to his facebook after yesterday match he came back to Poland to race in tomorrow match

• Like 1

Several weakened sides tonight. 

Dackarna minus Berntzon

Indianerna minus Fricke

Lejonen minus Klindt and Tungate

Masarna minus Pawlicki - presumably riding for Grudziadz tomorrow, also minus Hansen - riding for Rzeszow tomorrow.

Piraterna minus Ellis - riding for Rzeszow tomorrow

Vastervik minus Doyle -, riding for Czestochowa tomorrow

Vetlanda minus Sundstrom but in comes Ljung, hopefully fit.

Makes you wonder next year how many riders might be missing from the Premiership on Thursdays if their Polish teams have matches on Fridays. 

Teams confirmed in  Indianerna 

Indianerna

1 Aspgren

2 L Lindgren

3 Andersson

4 J Grahn

5 Jeppesen

6 C Selvin

7 L Selvin

Lejonen

1 Gala

2 Eklof