British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

15 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Interesting that despite the dilution in quality there are still only six Swedes in the top 20 of the averages. (Freddie L and Peter Ljung not amongst them for different reasons).

Just watched the TV match Piraterna v Rospiggarna. Rospiggarna were always in control of the match despite them using R/R for Lahti. Surprise package was Daniel Henderson- best i have seen him ride for ages ! For the home team Jonas Davidsson continued his magnificent form with a paid maximum including a last gasp win from the back in heat 12 over THJ. Kildemand with 13 was the only real backup Piraterna  had.

Just watched Dackarna v lejonen, and it wasn`t that Lejonen were that good it was Dackarna were really poor. I suppose with all 8 teams qualifying for the quarter finals this league stage is just sparing !! For the Malilla outfit they had 3 double figure scorers- Thorssell, Berntzon and Andersen and still managed to lose by 10 !! Klindt and Woryna starred for the Gislaved team both scoring 13. Tungate scored 8 but didn`t look as if he was as interested as he does in Poland !!

Watching on freesports if had been a new watcher i would have given up after 15 mins 3 goes to start ht 1riders going back to pits then gardening, come on lads just get on with it ;)

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Watching on freesports if had been a new watcher i would have given up after 15 mins 3 goes to start ht 1riders going back to pits then gardening, come on lads just get on with it ;)

The trick of watching it on Premier/Free Sports is to watch it on delay with your finger hovering over the Fast Forward button

• Like 1

It occurred to me while watching last nights coverage... what's the point of having a 50 person crowd capacity if you're going to pen them all in one area, madness!

4 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

What we have now is when someone's reactions allow them to make a superb start the assumption is that they must have cheated, so the lights go on, the rider gets a warning and the crowd's anticipation is killed.

We seemed to have the best position where as long as you cane up to the tapes and got away without touching the tapes that was a fair start. Why shouldn't anticipating the start be a part of a rider's skills as long as all four are playing to the same rules.

The problem is not allowing riders to return to the pits and destroy the pace of the meetings, it's putting on the red lights while we assume guilt and try to achieve the perfect start. It's pointless and it's seriously damaging the sport. Nobody says "What a fair start" but they do say "What a great start". 

Excess policing of the start does nothing for the sport. 

There should be a 1 minute or 30 second time allowance for re-runs imo

Imo the start is about reaction not chancing. 

Jumping the start isn't allowed in any other sport with standing still reaction start. 

The rules says that the riders shall be start ready when the 2 min expires and shall stand still when the green light is on until the tapes are released. There are too good starts because the reaction time for them are faster than theoretically possible. Therefore I approve of the uneven start. Unfortunately some good clean starts gets called back but is something we'll have to live with until they start using transponders 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I think you'll find the display board reverses yellow and white in heat 15 and possibly also in 14. 

I find it a nightmare in the one camera ESS Play matches to work out the nominated heats and that's even with the benefit of Swedish commentary. It seems their graphics department file the last three heats under "too difficult". Not easy and I do sympathise. You have every right to complain. Expecting someone to work off an international feed with inadequate graphics and riders in team kevlars so you can only identify by race jacket numbers that you're not likely to see until after the leave the tapes is not on. 

It was the home team doing it though...

just watched Masarna v Vetlanda and for the 2nd home match running needed a 5-1 in the last heat to salvage a draw( this time they needed a 5-1 in 14 as well) Kim Nilsson scored an impressive paid max 17+1 with support from lindback with 15 from 6. vetlanda had Kurtz on 11 and Lyager on 10 but star man for me was Palovaara with 9- he really seems to have improved this season.

League table after 5 of the 8 rounds

1 Lejonen pts 8    + 52

2 Rospiggarna pts 8  + 18

3 Masarna pts 6  --10

4 Dackarna pts 5  +15

5 Vetlanda pts 5  +3

6 Vastervik pts 4  --20

7 Indianerna pts 2  --24

8 Piraterna pts 2  --34

Just watched the final match from Tuesday Indianerna v Vastervik. Kumla is a decent racetrack and there were a couple of decent races- I was really impressed with Indianerna`s Jonas Jeppesen who scored 14 from 6. Jeppesen is a real talent and could go all the way to the top- his from the back win over Jason Doyle in heat 15 was the highlight. Fricke started well but tailed off. For the visitors Doyle was in a class of his own scoring 14 from 5. Quite unusually the 1st 7 heats were 3-3`s.

Edited by racers and royals

Tuesday`s main TV match teams

Rospiggarna

1 Rasmus Jensen

2 K Hansen

3 THJ

4 Huckenbeck

5 lahti

6 Henderson

7  Millberg

Dackarna

1 Thorssell

2 Kling

3 Andersen

4 Theo Johansson

5 Berntzon

6 Van Dyck

the 3 other matches teams  https://www.svemo.se/Sporter/Speedway/tavling/preliminaralaguppstallningar/

Edited by racers and royals

Brady Kurtz won't be riding for Vetlanda on Tuesday, will be replaced by Marcin Nowak. 

On 8/28/2020 at 5:01 AM, racers and royals said:

Just watched the final match from Tuesday Indianerna v Vastervik. Kumla is a decent racetrack and there were a couple of decent races- I was really impressed with Indianerna`s Jonas Jeppesen who scored 14 from 6. Jeppesen is a real talent and could go all the way to the top- his from the back win over Jason Doyle in heat 15 was the highlight. Fricke started well but tailed off. For the visitors Doyle was in a class of his own scoring 14 from 5. Quite unusually the 1st 7 heats were 3-3`s.

Lots of young Danes seem to shoot through the ranks then fall back just as quickly. Be interesting to see how Jeppesen does. 

Kildemand, Jepsen Jensen, Bech are three I can think of who all looked set for the top.