British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

I see that Masarna will use RR tomorrow again. This time for Bellego. Who is 4th in averages and it means both Lindback and Nilsson will NOT get extra rides. RR for Smolinski yesterday at least gave extra ride for Anton. They are trying to be as poor as possible or what? :D

Just watched the last match of the round Indianerna v Rospiggarna and in all truth it was pretty boring racing. Indianerna are really weak with only Pontus Aspgren scoring a well deserved 15 point maximum with Max Fricke scoring 11 from 5. Rospiggarna were more solid with Rasmus Jensen 12 and Kai Huckenbeck 10 leading the way.

22 hours ago, Losthammer said:

Sorry, not been on here foe a long time. Yes I get everything

That's great. I'll look at the VPN option next year - I'm already signed up with Premier Sports for Poland and ESS Play for Sweden. 

9 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

He did. It wasn’t Karpov

Adam put in a top quality performance, and even in a severely weakened league looked like every inch a GP Challenge qualifier. . Congratulations to him.

It was confusing watching the match with all the graphics showing Karpov and his name being mentioned in every race before Adam's. ESS Play's poor graphics seem to have survived the switch to CMore. 

Having also watched all four CMore made emphatically the right choice, although Vetlanda served up the usual tepid racing . The six man format showed its weaknesses with RR leaving a blank ride in the nominated heats 

Running RR and so a five man team leaves little chance for the side operating it unless the heat leaders really are on top form. The gap in riding ability between both ends of most teams was stark and I suspect led to some over-riding by the young Swedes. The format's a necessary evil though given the clear problems in even filling a six man team and perhaps suggests the problems that we may had faced had our leagues gone ahead. 

Going through the fourth match the thought came to me "60 heats and not much going on". Well, the score was close at Vetlanda and Indianerna fought to overcome their weakness at home but it was mostly gate and go, apart from falls. Vastervik seemed to lose heart as soon as they went ten down while Masarna clearly lost heart on the way to Gislaved. That 58-32 scoreline does not reflect Masarna's true efforts since Lejoned dropped their heat leaders from the nominated heats. It was 56-22 after 13 heats. 

The uneven season format gifts two points each to the sides hosting Masarna, but then the same could be said for those visiting Avesta. The real beneficiaries are Rospiggarna who get to race them twice, although that's an advantage they clearly won't be needing.

At least the Swedish season is up and running, if only for two months, It's better than no speedway. 

For those interested in seeing the whole story I really can't recommend ESS Play enough. I've already had my month's £16 value after just one night. Well, Thursday has to be better - maybe once I include that that value judgement will be more accurate....

Delighted to hear that Peter Ljung's appalling crash was not as damaging as it looked. Peter's been a good servant to speedway and deserves better. I hope he makes a full recovery. I've seen the consequences of a rider hitting a pole directly from the track, let alone on TV and that brought back awful memories last night. 

On the positive side, to see both Brits, Robert Lambert and Adam Ellis do so well was a true delight. It's a weakened league but you still have to defeat what's out there and they're not all Swedish kids. They both looked totally in control. Wonderful! I hope Adam gets some L1 rides in Poland. It might not just be breakthrough year for Robert. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

22 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Having also watched all four CMore made emphatically the right choice, although Vetlanda served up the usual tepid racing . The six man format showed its weaknesses with RR leaving a blank ride in the nominated heats 

Running RR and so a five man team leaves little chance for the side operating it unless the heat leaders really are on top form. The gap in riding ability between both ends of most teams was stark and I suspect led to some over-riding by the young Swedes. The format's a necessary evil though given the clear problems in even filling a six man team and perhaps suggests the problems that we may had faced had our leagues gone ahead. 

Going through the fourth match the thought came to me "60 heats and not much going on". Well, the score was close at Vetlanda and Indianerna fought to overcome their weakness at home but it was mostly gate and go, apart from falls. Vastervik seemed to lose heart as soon as they went ten down while Masarna clearly lost heart on the way to Gislaved. That 58-32 scoreline does not reflect Masarna's true efforts since Lejoned dropped their heat leaders from the nominated heats. It was 56-22 after 13 heats. 

The uneven season format gifts two points each to the sides hosting Masarna, but then the same could be said for those visiting Avesta. The real beneficiaries are Rospiggarna who get to race them twice, although that's an advantage they clearly won't be needing.

At least the Swedish season is up and running, if only for two months, It's better than no speedway. 

For those interested in seeing the whole story I really can't recommend ESS Play enough. I've already had my month's £16 value after just one night. Well, Thursday has to be better - maybe once I include that that value judgement will be more accurate....

Delighted to hear that Peter Ljung's appalling crash was not as damaging as it looked. Peter's been a good servant to speedway and deserves better. I hope he makes a full recovery. I've seen the consequences of a rider hitting a pole directly from the track, let alone on TV and that brought back awful memories last night. 

On the positive side, to see both Brits, Robert Lambert and Adam Ellis do so well was a true delight. It's a weakened league but you still have to defeat what's out there and they're not all Swedish kids. They both looked totally in control. Wonderful! I hope Adam gets some L1 rides in Poland. It might not just be breakthrough year for Robert. 

Not sure that C More televising it has resulted in any changes. Looks as if they are taking the same production as last season and presumably having some studio set up at the  main match track as they used to( always fun when the papers blew away !!)

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure that C More televising it has resulted in any changes. Looks as if they are taking the same production as last season and presumably having some studio set up at the  main match track as they used to( always fun when the papers blew away !!)

My Tivo failed to record the Premier Sports version so I had to watch the CMore version. No, the outdoor studio with sprockets as paperweights hasn't returned. There were few interviews, including an English version with Hans Andersen. Did that make Premier's version? 

No it was all very low key with slightly improved graphics compared to the other three with names across the grid, not just in a box. It looked like a far lower budget production that CMore's past coverage. 

No, the whole ESS Play product is pretty much the same as last yearwith only the extra cameras and a couple of interviews added to the main match. 

I know that R&R will be posting his usual links to confirmed lineups for Thursday soon but the preliminary lineups are on SVEMO's website: https://www.svemo.se/Sporter/Speedway/tavling/preliminaralaguppstallningar/

Bear in mind there are likely to be a few changes. Looking at the lineups shows the potential volatility of rider availability this year when you see the team changes from Tuesday.

DACKARNA - No change

INDIANERNA - Fricke out, Jonas Jeppesen in.

LEJONEN - Lambert, Klindt out, Linus Eklof and Rene Bach in. At reserve Casper Henriksson drops to seven to replace William Bjorling with Maksymilian Bogdanovic in at 6. 

MASARNA - Still using R/R. No change apart from Aleks Lundquist added at 7. 

PIRATERNA - Ellis out, replaced by Boberg whose place at 7 is left vacant. 

ROSPIGGARNA - Emil Millberg added at 7.

VASTERVIK - Birkemose out, Sam Masters in

VETLANDA - Maximilian Belsing at 7, in for Johan Jensen. Ljung will need to be replaced after Tuesday's injury. 

Of course many are trivial but there are high scoring riders from Tuesday not included. These are purely the preliminary teams and these changes may reverse by tomorrow night. 

As for tomorrow's TV match, predictably Masarna were led on Tuesday by Kim Nlsson (10) and Lindback (9). Hellstrom-Bangs rode seven times for paid 6. Indianerna saw Aspgren post an impressive 15 point maximum with support from Fricke on 11. The next highest rider scored five. I can't see Jeppesen replacing Fricke's firepower if that change sticks so it could be a better night for Masarna but I think R/R is a bit much of an 'ask' in the new formula. 

Over to R&R for the official story rather than idle speculation ;)

Edited by RobMcCaffery

The latest issue of Speedway Star (August 15th) carries a two page preview of the Swedish season. 

Currently watching Swedish speedway from Vetlanda...FreeSports 422.