British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

Fast approaching- 4 fixtures every Tuesday and Thursday. 1 match on each day is the main match( 4 camera production) and is shown live on C More main sport channel and Premier Sport. the other 3 matches are 1 camera jobs and are also shown live on the other C more channels.- all matches start at 6pm UK time I am not sure yet what matches are to be shown live/delayed on the ESS play subscription channel.

round 1 Tuesday August 11th 

Vetlanda v Dackarna C more and Premier Sport

lejonen v Masarna

Indianerna v Rospiggarna

Piraterna v Vastervik

round 2 Thursday August 13th

Masarna v Indianerna C more and Premier Sport

Vastervik v Lejonen

Dackarna v Piraterna

Rospiggarna v Vetlanda

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I emailed them around he time they started showing the Polish league. They have no plans to show Elitserien this season is what they told me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Losthammer said:

I emailed them around he time they started showing the Polish league. They have no plans to show Elitserien this season is what they told me.

That`s why they have not replied to me then. We are going to struggle to watch the non main match matches which is a shame.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That`s why they have not replied to me then. We are going to struggle to watch the non main match matches which is a shame.

I assume we're talking about the ESS streaming service. When I signed up in June to get the Polish racing in error they agreed to suspend my account and refund my June payment until the Elitserien started in August. I'll send a message to my contact to find out exactly what's going on. If they're not carrying speedway I'll need the suspended contract cancelling. 

We're not actually dealing with ESS which is the Swedish equivalent of the BSPL. It's a streaming company that acts for them. I'll see what I can do in the morning. If they aren't carrying the matches that's six matches a week out of my schedule. Eight  matches a week for about £16 per month was going to be quite a bargain.

ESS play won't show anything live (except Polish league) since all live streaming will be in C more.
ESS play will be some sort of archive where you can watch the meetings afterwards (IIRC they will become available past midnight).

Edited by Ghostwalker

5 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

ESS play won't show anything live (except Polish league) since all live streaming will be in C more.
ESS play will be some sort of archive where you can watch the meetings afterwards (IIRC they will become available past midnight).

That's what I was expecting. No reply yet. 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Adam Ellis has signed for Piraterna.

Good..

I think that there is much more to come from Ellis..

Lambert's performances this season should boost his ambition and confidence as he can definitely compete with him over here..

Young enough to progress several rungs up the ladder I would think..

Danger, as always, is he becomes a "lifer" in the UK Leagues like so many before him, beating riders of similar standing but not moving forward by being tested against the best..

It's clear that Sweden faces a rider shortage. With British and some Aussie riders kicking their heels here might it be a useful compromise to satisfy both needs? 

18 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's clear that Sweden faces a rider shortage. With British and some Aussie riders kicking their heels here might it be a useful compromise to satisfy both needs? 

I wonder if that's why Jason Crump has returned to these shores?

I have confirmation from Stay Live AB who provide the ESS Play service for Swedish Speedway that they WILL be showing all Elitserien matches, just on delay, not live, as expected.

Edited by RobMcCaffery

9 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I have confirmation from Stay Live AB who provide the ESS Play service for Swedish Speedway that they WILL be showing all Elitserien matches, just on delay, not live, as expected.

Did they quote a price ? reduced because of no live ?

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Did they quote a price ? reduced because of no live ?

My abortive subscription in June was SEK 189 as before and that's the price quoted on the website. I assume they'll be considering the Polish coverage to be compensation. I've just sent a follow-up to make sure that the service will be available in the UK, bearing in mind the Polish coverage is geo-blocked. It's worth checking that nothing's changed and once I've got that back I'll go ahead. Six matches a week that can't be viewed elsewhere are still worth £15-16 a month. 

7 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

My abortive subscription in June was SEK 189 as before and that's the price quoted on the website. I assume they'll be considering the Polish coverage to be compensation. I've just sent a follow-up to make sure that the service will be available in the UK, bearing in mind the Polish coverage is geo-blocked. It's worth checking that nothing's changed and once I've got that back I'll go ahead. Six matches a week that can't be viewed elsewhere are still worth £15-16 a month. 

Thanks, not sure why they haven`t replied to me. I will subscribe definitely as i won`t take out a premier subscription so it would be 8 matches( 6 if i watch the main match elsewhere). It doesn`t look as if any Polish station are interested in showing Sweden.

Edited by racers and royals

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Thanks, not sure why they haven`t replied to me. I will subscribe definitely as i won`t take out a premier subscription so it would be 8 matches( 6 if i watch the main match elsewhere). It doesn`t look as if any Polish station are interested in showing Sweden.

I really enjoyed the service last year and due to family commitments I spent last year watching all on delay so three on demand plus a recording of Mr Goddard in action will do fine.

Only problem is avoiding the scores in matches you haven't watched yet.