British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien 2020

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just watched the 1st match from yesterday Rospiggarna v Vastervik, and thank goodness we won`t have to suffer any more this season from the dreadful Hallstavik track !! they have offically taken over from Vetlanda as the worst racing in the Elitserien.

It was so slick and dry, absolute garbage with no outside line. One decent race when Doyle didn’t trap. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It was so slick and dry, absolute garbage with no outside line. One decent race when Doyle didn’t trap. 

Yes and anyone other than him would have got absolutely nowhere.!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Don’t be so thick !!!!!  :mad:
test does not mean practice

test means Poland v Russia in Bydgoszcz

A glorified challenge match shouldn't be a priority over Swedish League play-offs.

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

you are a prize idiot 

He's right though. Poland shouldn't have been allowed to stage this on a Tuesday since Tuesdays are reserved for Sweden.
But Poland is Poland and they don't give a damn about any other country/league.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

He's right though. Poland shouldn't have been allowed to stage this on a Tuesday since Tuesdays are reserved for Sweden.

Yes but if the Swedish league is too be taken seriously in 2020 - Laguta and the other riders who have suddenly appeared would have ridden all season.

Is it just me or have a lot of the races shown recently on Premier frozen, then suddenly fast forwarded? And why do the bikes sound so quiet?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Is it just me or have a lot of the races shown recently on Premier frozen, then suddenly fast forwarded? And why do the bikes sound so quiet?

There was a lot of freezing and picture break-up and yes background sound was poor. All they can do is take what they are given by Swedish TV. In the same way the desperately poor graphics are Sweden's responsibility and Dave is quite right to despair at them. 

They're only rarely showing changes in heats nor the line-ups for the nominated races, apart from occasionally the gate positions, but no helmet colours in the pits.

As Dave points out the standard team kevlars means he often has to rely on a lucky glimpse of the back of a race jacket or overhearing the stadium announcer. It's only once the riders hit the first bend that you can usually spot the changes which is no good for a commentator. He needs better information. There's not the same problem with Poland where the graphics are normally reliably updated whenever there's a rider change. 

The Swedes are leaving any rider who's being covered by rider-replacement in the heat lineups! No wonder he's getting frustrated. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

3 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

With covid I dont think the old agreements stand this season. Even without covid, I doubt they stand anymore.

Edited by f-s-p

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Last night was the first Swedish match I’ve watched all season. It’s coverage is rubbish compared to the stream of the Polish league matches. As you rightly say, you could barely hear the bikes at all last night.

14 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

There was a lot of freezing and picture break-up and yes background sound was poor. All they can do is take what they are given by Swedish TV. In the same way the desperately poor graphics are Sweden's responsibility and Dave is quite right to despair at them. 

They're only rarely showing changes in heats nor the line-ups for the nominated races, apart from occasionally the gate positions, but no helmet colours in the pits.

As Dave points out the standard team kevlars means he often has to rely on a lucky glimpse of the back of a race jacket or overhearing the stadium announcer. It's only once the riders hit the first bend that you can usually spot the changes which is no good for a commentator. He needs better information. There's not the same problem with Poland where the graphics are normally reliably updated whenever there's a rider change. 

The Swedes are leaving any rider who's being covered by rider-replacement in the heat lineups! No wonder he's getting frustrated. 

Thanks for the info. Is Dave actually at the meetings, or is he just watching it on a TV screen like us?

14 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I've actually told Dave to have BET365 (not promoting betting) in play screen open. I believe they get the info early about rider changes and it updates as they are betting on who wins the races.

10 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Thanks for the info. Is Dave actually at the meetings, or is he just watching it on a TV screen like us?

He's not at the meetings.  Assume he's in a studio.

Yes, my international comms are UK studio based.  There are comprehensive updates on Polish racing via Sportowefakty, but for Sweden I don't have anything.

11 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Yes, my international comms are UK studio based.  There are comprehensive updates on Polish racing via Sportowefakty, but for Sweden I don't have anything.

The confirmed line-ups pages i list for looking at after 5.30pm- these also double as the live updates. There is a particular problem regarding R/R - where they do not indicate it’s use before the start. However in Zmarzlik’s case on Tuesday they wrote it at the top of the page, hence why i was able to post it at 5.49pm

Edited by racers and royals

20 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Don’t be so thick !!!!!  :mad:

18 hours ago, racers and royals said:

you are a prize idiot 

come on racers and royals, don't be so rude

16 hours ago, RS50 said:

not just you