British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Really frustrating, couldn’t make the 15th may so returned my tickets, I can make the 7th August so I could now go after all

Should imagine  you will be able to buy again when they go back on sale in the new year.

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Should imagine  you will be able to buy again when they go back on sale in the new year.

IT made perfect sense to postpone the Warsaw event to later in the year when, hopefully, there is more chance that the Covid pandemic will have abated somewhat. But bear in mind that the  2019 Warsaw event was a sell-out so as soon as it is possible those who wish to secure tickets should do so. 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT made perfect sense to postpone the Warsaw event to later in the year when, hopefully, there is more chance that the Covid pandemic will have abated somewhat. But bear in mind that the  2019 Warsaw event was a sell-out so as soon as it is possible those who wish to secure tickets should do so. 

The latest refund period runs from December 28th until January 10th- so i expect any available tickets will go on sale mid to end Jan.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT made perfect sense to postpone the Warsaw event to later in the year when, hopefully, there is more chance that the Covid pandemic will have abated somewhat. 

You really have to wonder why they announced it for May in the first place. As soon as that date was announced there were plenty of people questioning whether that was a viable date.

2 minutes ago, HenryW said:

You really have to wonder why they announced it for May in the first place. As soon as that date was announced there were plenty of people questioning whether that was a viable date.

This is right.   It did seem madness to announce a May date for an indoor stadium that was sold out.  It's probably cost fans a tidy sum in wasted flights.  The calendar was only announced a few weeks ago and nothing has changed with Covid since then.   Before anyone says 'Vaccine' it is well known they will take many months to roll out and take effect.

oh well, have to hope i can change all the flights and accomodation again.

if it gives more chance for it to go ahead though ...

This is starting to look like an expensive weekend. Flight tickets, hotel and airport car parking changes another £180 or so and it may get cancelled again. Decisions, decisions. 

The May 2021 date was announced in June this year( Just as Polish speedway  was getting going)- not sure a lot of blame can be attributed to the organisers(PZM) especially as Warsaw has always been an early season GP.

Already lost my DB trains money, they were offering cash refunds up until the day of my travel, no provision was made after that.

Eurostar have extended my vouchers twice but atm have to be used by April. So gonna have to pay that again as well.

Hoping hotels will be a simple transfer over though.

Having experienced Warsaw in 30 degree plus heat (may 2018), i can only imagine how nice it may be in August.

Still one of my favorite cities in the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Already lost my DB trains money, they were offering cash refunds up until the day of my travel, no provision was made after that.

Eurostar have extended my vouchers twice but atm have to be used by April. So gonna have to pay that again as well.

Hoping hotels will be a simple transfer over though.

Having experienced Warsaw in 30 degree plus heat (may 2018), i can only imagine how nice it may be in August.

Still one of my favorite cities in the world.

Instead of losing the train money maybe there is league racing that weekend ?

On 12/8/2020 at 12:20 AM, Mark said:

Instead of losing the train money maybe there is league racing that weekend ?

Lost it from last May, hadn't booked anything for next May yet. I have tickets, everything else will be last minute jobbie unless the world changes drastically over the next few months. 

Warsaw hotel changed to new date, £60 cheaper than may :D can cancel upto day before, as for flights !!! Will be leaving it late to see how covid, vaccine and travel restrictions pan out

Oliver Dowden saying in the Commons today that he really 'hopes' that stadiums will be at full capacity come October next year when the Rugby League World Cup is to be held in England, but contingencies will need to be in place in the event of that not being possible

At face value that seems positive ... Just not sure if it really is for 30-40k at Cardiff in July.