British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

If the FIM and BSI re introduce the Friday GP qualifying flying lap to sort out start riding position

This is planned again.

1 hour ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Qualifying is also compulsory next year.

That is interesting- the FIM are telling the Extraleague who is boss !!! and not before time.

The Extraleague will have to move their 2 Friday`s fixtures to another date.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Practise and draw number is proven as worthless.  GP won by the last draw pick etc.

How can practise be level without a track grade before each rider does his timed lap.  Its a waste of time.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Practise and draw number is proven as worthless.  GP won by the last draw pick etc.

How can practise be level without a track grade before each rider does his timed lap.  Its a waste of time.

Whatever you think is your opinion. If one listens to the riders- they want to do it and were upset when they were forced to be elsewhere, now it`s a level playing field with everyone there and don`t forget the order they go out is determined by the time set in " free practice" before the main TV programme starts. One could argue that it`s just done for TV, but is that such a bad thing ? The Extraleague have plenty of dates available as reserved fixtures to move these 2 Friday`s matches( or even the whole round if they want to)

Thinking about it, qualifying doesn`t have to be on Friday so might they consider same day qualifying to allow the clashing Polish Extraleague matches to take place. Same day practice  happens at a lot of FIM and SEC meetings.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Thinking about it, qualifying doesn`t have to be on Friday so might they consider same day qualifying to allow the clashing Polish Extraleague matches to take place. Same day practice  happens at a lot of FIM and SEC meetings.

But not on man made tracks ?

14 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Qualifying is also compulsory next year.

Has this just been announced?

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

Has this just been announced?

It's in the 2021 rulebook which has been released yesterday.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Whatever you think is your opinion. If one listens to the riders- they want to do it and were upset when they were forced to be elsewhere, now it`s a level playing field with everyone there and don`t forget the order they go out is determined by the time set in " free practice" before the main TV programme starts. One could argue that it`s just done for TV, but is that such a bad thing ? The Extraleague have plenty of dates available as reserved fixtures to move these 2 Friday`s matches( or even the whole round if they want to)

You are right. What I think is my opinion.

You do not answer the points I made.   

Practise is worthless if it is proven the last pick can win a GP.   Justify practise on that statistic.

How can the track be the same for all 16 riders if there is no grade after each rider ?

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

You are right. What I think is my opinion.

You do not answer the points I made.   

Practise is worthless if it is proven the last pick can win a GP.   Justify practise on that statistic.

How can the track be the same for all 16 riders if there is no grade after each rider ?

It doesn`t really matter - the track is not graded after every race during a match. The riders want a practice on the track. As i said before it`s made for TV - the riders like it and if a rider thinks that 2 gate 1`s in a meeting gives him an advantage for going fast in qualifying, then what`s wrong with that ? Don`t forget the track isn`t necessarily best the 1st race after a grade- i accept that it normally is but then the rider has to pick the best line without making a mistake. If the riders and TV like it, then it`s good enough for me !!

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Don`t forget the track isn`t necessarily best the 1st race after a grade- i accept that it normally is

Smiling at the contradiction of what you say.   

One thing that is certain.  The first rider gets a much better track than rider 5,6 and 7.   Timed practise is worthless as the track is not the same for every rider.  Just my opinion of course.

Just now, Mark said:

Smiling at the contradiction of what you say.   

One thing that is certain.  The first rider gets a much better track than rider 5,6 and 7.   Timed practise is worthless as the track is not the same for every rider.  Just my opinion of course.

That is not certain as you well know- if the track is wet when the dirt line  moves out 5,6 or 7 could quite easily get the best of track conditions.