British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

That is not certain as you well know- if the track is wet when the dirt line  moves out 5,6 or 7 could quite easily get the best of track conditions.

Wet track.  Got it.   I'll wait for one of those in 2021.  

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It doesn`t really matter - the track is not graded after every race during a match. The riders want a practice on the track. As i said before it`s made for TV - the riders like it and if a rider thinks that 2 gate 1`s in a meeting gives him an advantage for going fast in qualifying, then what`s wrong with that ? Don`t forget the track isn`t necessarily best the 1st race after a grade- i accept that it normally is but then the rider has to pick the best line without making a mistake. If the riders and TV like it, then it`s good enough for me !!

Must admit I've not read anywhere that the riders are calling for this. It seems yet another instance of the F.I.M trying  to railroad a niche sport of speedway and make it uniform with all their other  motor sport   disciplines . Speedway of Nations, New Scoring system, Qualifying. All mostly a step backwards for speedway . Personally don't see anything wrong with the open draw, if anything more effort should go into ensuring that  1 gate is not significantly better than the other 3. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Must admit I've not read anywhere that the riders are calling for this. It seems yet another instance of the F.I.M trying  to railroad a niche sport of speedway and make it uniform with all their other  motor sport   disciplines . Speedway of Nations, New Scoring system, Qualifying. All mostly a step backwards for speedway . Personally don't see anything wrong with the open draw, if anything more effort should go into ensuring that  1 gate is not significantly better than the other 3. 

You obviously need to go back to 2019 season when Poland started using Friday`s and it was the 1st year of " timed qualification". I remember both Woffinden and Zmarzlik when interviewed saying that they didn`t have a choice to ride for their clubs and wished it had been made compulsory so that the full field could practice/qualify 

If practice is made compulsory but Poland still schedule fixtures on Friday night what happens 

The first couple of practice qualifiers had a certain novelty value ... But that was it. Boring as hell otherwise. A terrible waste of a prime time Friday evening that would be much better used for Polish matches.

and on top of everything the TV programme production  was pretty dreadful.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

If practice is made compulsory but Poland still schedule fixtures on Friday night what happens 

Don`t think it will come to that- if you go back a page there are some guesses as to what might happen.

56 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Terenzano confirmed as the first GP.

Oh dear...hopefully no one will be expecting any entertainment from the meeting. Never seen an interesting meeting yet from Terenzano.

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Rubbish track.

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

BSI planning to go out on a whimper ...

But at least Castagna gets a GP in his beloved Italy...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Surly there is no chance of this going ahead with fans in April ?
Never been to this Track so would be keen but just can't see it being on and being money spent and then shuffled about. 

38 minutes ago, Pont said:

Surly there is no chance of this going ahead with fans in April ?
Never been to this Track so would be keen but just can't see it being on and being money spent and then shuffled about. 

They had a crowd for this meeting in October- so don`t see any reason why they won`t in April

30 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They had a crowd for this meeting in October- so don`t see any reason why they won`t in April

Ok - Thanks for that, that's interesting. Perhaps I'll reserve a hotel then and see how it progresses.