British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

They had a crowd for this meeting in October- so don`t see any reason why they won`t in April

Nearly 700 covid deaths in Italy yesterday ... Let's hope they are able to get that down to the levels they had in October ...

Whether a speedway meeting goes ahead is not important. They can be rescheduled.   

So has anyone booked flights tickets and hotels for any SGP yet.

19 minutes ago, screm said:

Yes Wroclaw 31st July- flights and stadium tickets rolled over from 2020 cancellation. Am holding off booking hotel for a little while.

9 hours ago, screm said:

Warsaw stadium tickets rolled over from last year, hotel booked but can cancel upto day of stay :rolleyes: as for flights well !!! Got a voucher to use from last year, but going to be a last minute booking, got to wait to see if the meeting goes ahead or we are still allowed to travel

Fully booked up for Warsaw but like above, have a late cancellation for hotel room.

I’ve every intention of getting over to Italy in April - where better to spend my 30th birthday!  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, screm said:

Hotel for Prague, holding out booking anything else just yet.

16 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Fully booked up for Warsaw but like above, have a late cancellation for hotel room.

I’ve every intention of getting over to Italy in April - where better to spend my 30th birthday!  

I've no confidence travel without quarantine on both legs of the trip will be possible until mid summer.  Maybe if the person is vaccinated will make it possible.  

Still no word on the last GP, I wonder if they are going to just move the Italian GP to the spare date.

The Russian SGP at Togliatti in August may not happen due to the WADA sanctions imposed on Russia for 2021 and 2022.

I have a hotel reservation and tickets (I presume they are still valid from 2020) for Wroclaw. I have my eye on flights but very reluctant to book anything just yet.

I'd love to do Prague but fear that one may come around too soon for UK travellers.

Unless we see some rescheduling based on Covid restrictions, its a risky game right now. So many things to weigh up.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, Bavarian said:

The Russian SGP at Togliatti in August may not happen due to the WADA sanctions imposed on Russia for 2021 and 2022.

HAD ice racing there... from what I understand Togliatti will go head

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

But the official press statements made clear that was because of the very short lead time between the announcement of the sanctions and the event. So I think  if you follow that logic the event looks doubtful.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I don't think that is a valid comparison. There are potentially a plethora of venues that could stage a GP, or alternatively it would be possible to run the GP series with one less round, so WADA's ban should still apply.

The Ice Speedway World Final this year was unique, as there clearly wasn't a venue outside of Russia that could have staged the event with all those nominated to compete in attendance, plus with spectators permitted. 

• Like 1