British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOW many fans do you think would be allowed into Belle Vue?

There has to be a commitment to staging a GP in the UK if possible, even if Cardiff can't be bothered

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Certainly reads as if it's the end. 

COVID permitting Cardiff 2022 is definitely on the cards

• Confused 1

Just now, Rocket87 said:

There has to be a commitment to staging a GP in the UK if possible, even if Cardiff can't be bothered

DOES there? If it isn't viable for all sorts of reasons because of Covid restrictions then a commitment isn't likely 

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES there? If it isn't viable for all sorts of reasons because of Covid restrictions then a commitment isn't likely 

Phil you seem fairly well informed and I get the sense you don't think there will British gp this year?

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I,m sure that would have been quoted last year for 2021

Edited by topaz325

Just now, eric i said:

Phil you seem fairly well informed and I get the sense you don't think there will British gp this year?

BSI were paid by the Welsh Tourist Board to hold the GP in Cardiff. That’s not going to happen in Manchester, Bradford or wherever, combined with far too much cost involved with all the COVID precautions and tests etc... and no guarantee of any crowds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can’t be done Because it isn’t a licensed track never mind an F.I.M. approved track.

Neither is Cardiff or Warsaw etc at the end of the day money talks if bsi wants something

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

Neither is Cardiff or Warsaw etc at the end of the day money talks if bsi wants something

It’s the last year of BSI’s association with the SGP, so aren’t going to be motivated to put their hands in their pockets for the GPs where they’re carrying the financial risk. So it’s pretty obvious why Germany and Cardiff have been cancelled.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

That's really good to hear

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

So why not Bradford?

A tad sentimental here.

A potentially good race has just been reinstalled, but it doesn't have SCB let alone FIM approval.

The spectator facilities at Odsal are also sadly a decaying wreck (crumbling terracing) if my last visit a couple of years ago for rugby league is anything to go by.

Odsal needs massive investment to bring it back into the modern age. One of the reasons for the return of the stock cars is that neither the city council, the RFL or Bradford Bulls are willing to fund that investment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Switch it to the Arlington raceway Eastbourne.

Be lovely to see the Poles have a complete and utter meltdown..

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

A tad sentimental here.

A potentially good race has just been reinstalled, but it doesn't have SCB let alone FIM approval.

The spectator facilities at Odsal are also sadly a decaying wreck (crumbling terracing) if my last visit a couple of years ago for rugby league is anything to go by.

Odsal needs massive investment to bring it back into the modern age. One of the reasons for the return of the stock cars is that neither the city council, the RFL or Bradford Bulls are willing to fund that investment.

Vast improvements have been made since January this year, check out Startrax site, the track is identical to '85-'97, it would easily obtain the necessary approval, current stadium capacity is 22000, so even 25% would be far greater than Belle Vue or Ipswich, and before anyone mentions the hospitality building on turns 3 & 4, the track side supports could easily be covered/boxed in if necessary. Bradford is a goer in waiting if the authorities want it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some behind closed doors 2 wheel laps before long, as soon as the final top shale layer is in place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M.D said:

Switch it to the Arlington raceway Eastbourne.

Be lovely to see the Poles have a complete and utter meltdown..

I doubt if they would have a meltdown, they've come a long way since the fence scraping antics of the young touring teams of the 70s and 80s

• Like 3

11 hours ago, eric i said:

I DON'T ... but hopeful of a return to Cardiff next year (if some sort of normality returns)

Edited by PHILIPRISING

16 hours ago, Noodles said:

Certainly reads as if it's the end. 

Lets hope so.  Cardiff is pants.  Terrible racing, astronomical prices, stadium half empty.  Nothing to do in the city.

Belle Vue can showcase speedway in a way Cardiff can only dream of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2