British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

Lets hope so.  Cardiff is pants.  Terrible racing, astronomical prices, stadium half empty.  Nothing to do in the city.

Belle Vue can showcase speedway in a way Cardiff can only dream of.

Lol ok. 

1 hour ago, Rocket87 said:

Lets hope so.  Cardiff is pants.  Terrible racing, astronomical prices, stadium half empty.  Nothing to do in the city.

Haha brilliant - one happy chappy

2 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

AT least 40,000 people think you are wrong. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

Granted that Belle Vue is a great race-track, but:-

How many Pubs/Clubs/Restaurants are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Hotels are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many fast food outlets are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Shopping Malls are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many vast pedestrian areas are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Castles and other tourist attractions are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How much cheap University accommodation is available within walking distance of Belle Vue?

They all add up to a great weekend's experience.

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 4

As much as belle Vue is an excellent track, the facilities are poor, mobile burger vans and pop up tents for beer, and portaloo cabins, after the speedway  world cup it took me over 1 hour to catch a bus with spaces back into central Manchester

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I DON'T ... but hopeful of a return to Cardiff next year (if some sort of normality returns)

That depends if the stadium wants the GP back in 2022 as they have already moved so many events over from 2020 and 2021 plus the ones already planned dates may be difficult. 

It will also depend on how Discovery want to move forward with British GP they may have other ideas and be prepared to gamble on a GP in London 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Granted that Belle Vue is a great race-track, but:-

How many Pubs/Clubs/Restaurants are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Hotels are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many fast food outlets are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Shopping Malls are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many vast pedestrian areas are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Castles and other tourist attractions are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How much cheap University accommodation is available within walking distance of Belle Vue?

They all add up to a great weekend's experience.

And if you asked those questions about Malilla or Teterow what would be the answers?

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

That depends if the stadium wants the GP back in 2022 as they have already moved so many events over from 2020 and 2021 plus the ones already planned dates may be difficult. 

It will also depend on how Discovery want to move forward with British GP they may have other ideas and be prepared to gamble on a GP in London 

MY personal view is that Cardiff will be back. The cost of staging a speedway GP in a stadium without a roof remains prohibitive given the British weather.

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And if you asked those questions about Malilla or Teterow what would be the answers?

THERE is no alternative in Sweden or Germany .... in Britain there is.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Is that relevant when the post you are replying to is comparing Cardiff to the NSS?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I doubt if they would have a meltdown, they've come a long way since the fence scraping antics of the young touring teams of the 70s and 80s

It wasn't a sensible suggestion but they wouldn't like it 

20 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

Nothing to do in the city...... we usually arrive on the weds and every year we never get round all the things we planned. 

For a city centre location food and drink is reasonably priced.

Only negative is the inflated accommodation prices, but there are ways around that if you are creative.

One tip is if you have a group of 4 or 5 mates is to rent an entire 8 person dorm at a hostel, effectively giving you a private dorm and your own allocated wash facilities.

Equally in the early days, going there and back in the day from Kent was always what we did. In your own bed by 2-3am. 

You can blow a small fortune Cardiff GP week, or you can do it on a shoestring and have an equally good time, I know as I have done it both ways :)

Warsaw for me is now my favorite "adult" GP, and Cardiff the "family" one.

Both offer the security of racing whatever the weather as well.

Agree about Warsaw, take away flight cost and the weekend is around half the price as Cardiff !! But will Warsaw 2021 take place, personally I have very big doubts

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Agree about Warsaw, take away flight cost and the weekend is around half the price as Cardiff !! But will Warsaw 2021 take place, personally I have very big doubts

MY only issue with Warsaw is that it is out of town whereas the Principality is slap bang in the middle of Cardiff and requires just a short walk from bar to stadium:cheers:

• Like 1

And even if Teterow was in the town it wouldn’t make much difference from what I have seen of it:D