British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MY only issue with Warsaw is that it is out of town whereas the Principality is slap bang in the middle of Cardiff and requires just a short walk from bar to stadium:cheers:

It’s a 15 minute walk , hardly out of town, and they close the motorway to enable you to walk back safely. For me Warsaw is better than Cardiff as you don’t get ripped off by the hoteliers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is no alternative in Sweden or Germany .... in Britain there is.

Oh come now... there's suitable roofed stadiums in both of those countries. :rolleyes:

BSI simply can't leverage enough subsidies to use those venues, so can't make them pay.

42 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Oh come now... there's suitable roofed stadiums in both of those countries. :rolleyes:

BSI simply can't leverage enough subsidies to use those venues, so can't make them pay.

PERHAPS I should have said viable alternatives... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gambo said:

Granted that Belle Vue is a great race-track, but:-

How many Pubs/Clubs/Restaurants are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Hotels are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many fast food outlets are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Shopping Malls are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many vast pedestrian areas are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How many Castles and other tourist attractions are within walking distance of Belle Vue?

How much cheap University accommodation is available within walking distance of Belle Vue?

They all add up to a great weekend's experience.

And then you spend two hours bored to death by follow the leader garbage.  If this is it for Cardiff, then good riddance.  It's rubbish,  and has been from day one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

And then you spend two hours bored to death by follow the leader garbage.  If this is it for Cardiff, then good riddance.  It's rubbish,  and has been from day one.

That's simply not true. I think we get it that you don't like the Cardiff Gp and Cardiff itself for whatever reason, but to say it's been follow the leader since day one is guff.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Will this mean the cancellation of the GP qualifier at Glasgow.....probably.

Wouldn't that be a qualifier for the 2022 GP series? Travel restrictions are more likely to interfere I would have thought.

• Like 1

Although I have enjoyed the Cardiff GP each time I have gone, I will agree the racing has never been great on each visit

As it is a temporary track , does anybody know why a different shaped track or something like different shale couldn't be tried each year ?

perhaps copy the shape of a track known for good racing, there seems to be plenty of room.

they effectively have a blank canvas every year

8 minutes ago, djr said:

Although I have enjoyed the Cardiff GP each time I have gone, I will agree the racing has never been great on each visit

As it is a temporary track , does anybody know why a different shaped track or something like different shale couldn't be tried each year ?

perhaps copy the shape of a track known for good racing, there seems to be plenty of room.

It's up to the new promoters from next year isn't it ........... I'm hoping that they just pick all the best tracks for a smaller series ;)

1 hour ago, djr said:

ACTUALLY there are limitations on the size and shape of the track that can be installed... for many and especially those who return year after year it is the occasion, the atmosphere and the whole day that combines to make it special. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trees said:

It's up to the new promoters from next year isn't it ........... I'm hoping that they just pick all the best tracks for a smaller series ;)

THEY gave the FIM a commitment that they would increase the number of SGPs. 

55 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ACTUALLY there are limitations on the size and shape of the track that can be installed... for many and especially those who return year after year it is the occasion, the atmosphere and the whole day that combines to make it special. 

Agree with everything you are saying regarding - atmosphere/ occasion etc. , BUT there are still plenty of empty seats every year , that perhaps a better track would help to fill.

It's no good being in denial about the poor racing at Cardiff , it's the only real fault with the whole event, and surely the track could be tweaked to try and improve things 

8 minutes ago, djr said:

Agree with everything you are saying regarding - atmosphere/ occasion etc. , BUT there are still plenty of empty seats every year , that perhaps a better track would help to fill.

It's no good being in denial about the poor racing at Cardiff , it's the only real fault with the whole event, and surely the track could be tweaked to try and improve things 

That could happen in 2022 if a new temporary track building company are employed for the GP`s  instead of Ole Olsen.

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MY only issue with Warsaw is that it is out of town whereas the Principality is slap bang in the middle of Cardiff and requires just a short walk from bar to stadium:cheers:

Yea but if done well a couple of beers can be had on the walk to the stadium, then cheap drinks inside, if required, 20 minutes walk back to the main strip for evening food and more drink !!:cheers:

If they could make the track wider on the straights it would help. If they are already running at max width, make the straights a bit shorter.

Does Ole Olsen do the Warsaw track?

13 minutes ago, eric i said:

If they could make the track wider on the straights it would help. If they are already running at max width, make the straights a bit shorter.

Does Ole Olsen do the Warsaw track?

Yes